Some Great Module Construction Videos

Jcarlton

I ran into these videos today of constructing an N scale module. I thought it had some great ideas, especially for those of us who have no space for a layout and can't really have a dirty bench.

Most of this is pretty old stuff. Using facial tissue and paper clay were new to me though, as was using glue water to mix plaster.

Edited by cteno4
Fixed YouTube display
  • Like 4

Very cool, ive not seen the Kleenex and dilute glue done like that, but looks great to make that rough shell over foam like that. Dilute plaster with glue then adheres well to the nice rough glue/Kleenex and gives a nice texture. Very nice! Gotta try that. I like it much better than plaster cloth, this looks faster, cleaner, and more contrilable than plaster cloth and you don't have to work to get rid of the mesh pattern. I've had good luck with pre mixed drywall patch to clean up foam bases instead of clay. You can work it like clay then it dries hard and easy to shape if needed, hey but clay is cheap, clean and fast and then the Kleenex/glue and the plaster texture wash makes the hard shell.

Thanks,

Jeff