Marti - How is the parrot's personality? My local pet store has a parrot, that is not sale, he only gets along with a few of the regular staff and none of the customers.

I guess this follows other hobbies, though I consider my cat to be a minor appliance, ... that bites. Anyone else have any?

Since this shot, mine's down to about a quarter of what she was in the original post. Nearing 19, she's lost a ton of weight within the past two weeks, so her time is now getting short.

Martijn Meerts

Densha, he's out of his cage, which for the moment means he'll be getting food soon.. Obviously that makes him happy :)

Jeff, he's only about 11 weeks old now, he can't even fly yet, or sit on a perch for that matter. He still pretty much lives on the floor of the cage (and living room) for now. But, there was a news story here not long ago about a bird at one of the larger stations that was imitating some station announcements, and left people wondering why their train wasn't arriving even though it had been announced =)

Bernard, for now he's happy being with just about anyone. The blue and yellow macaws (which this one is) are known to be friendly and good around many people, although they do generally warm up to 1 or 2 specific people more than others. I'll have to see how he develops over time, but it should be fine.

Our cat, Jake grew up with our rabbit "Bunny-Bob Thorton". When Jake was a kitten he used to hop with the rabbit. The cats get along with the rabbit just fine, but we now keep them separate.

Yes, I have a cute squirrel and a Persian cat. The only problem is I can keep both to gather as they don’t like each other. :laugh:

Yeah whenever they pull his file at the vets office we get a laugh.....if you have ever seen "Monty Python's the Holy Grail" with the scene of the "attack Bunny" it isn't too far fetched....rabbits can be very aggressive.

"Bunny-Bob Thorton".

GOL! What a great name!

Jeff

ahh the the killer rabbits! just look in the eyes of a rabbit and you will see they would rip your throat out given the chance! rabbits have great quirky attitudes.

I took care of a small python in high school (our biology teacher had quite a menagerie and i was the TA). he didnt have a name (just "the python") so i called him Monty Python. few got the joke at the time as many had not seen monty python.

jeff

Hi Sharry  - Welcome to the Forum....that is the downside of owning a pet, you will eventually lose them but I'd rather have them as part of my life than not at all.

• Like 1