These are my best friends, followers, and companion. Two boxers called "Taro" and "Dune" (brothers male and female). They know it's forbidden to enter to my hobby room, but still love me because I give them most part of my free time. Lovely and loyal pets, even more than most of humans can be.

post-421-13569928304124_thumb.jpg

post-421-13569928306579_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
marknewton

Nice looking dogs! I have a real soft spot for boxers, we had one when I was a kid. His name was Monty - wonderful dog he was too.

Cheers,

Mark.

Now they are in a kind of training to defend the house....

I heard Boxers could be over protective of their homes but yours take it too an extreme! :grin

Now they are in a kind of training to defend the house....

I heard Boxers could be over protective of their homes but yours take it too an extreme! :grin

May the Puppy force be with you. lol

rpierce000

We just put one down ourselves. We THINK she was about 13, but the vet doubted it and guessed older. She was fine until one morning and then....  Well you know.

I feel your pain, more than I ever want to.  As my six year old said to me, "She lives forever inside of us." Smart kid.

rpierce000

Claude,

Awesome boar!  Do you have a sow?  My wife and I used to breed GPs.

True story here: The first gift I ever gave my now wife was a Guinea Pig!  Yep, she had one die just before I met her and she was very sad about it. We had gone to the movies as a first date, but we showed up too early. To kill the time we walked over to a pet store in the strip mall next door and she showed me guinea pigs for the first time. She told me the whole story about losing hers and what she wanted in a new one. I went out the next day, good date, and looked all over town for the one she wanted, but no luck. I finally had one store tell me where their breeder was. I called them and we went there and picked out "Pumpkin".  Nineteen years we will be married this summer, I guess it was a good present!

• Like 2

Bob - I enjoyed reading your story. Like Claude, we also have Guinea Pigs......my wife, Pam you could say she has the best or worst luck with them. There is a pet store that she buys from and now twice she's gotten young females that were pregnant. She's a third grade teacher so no problem finding students that want to adopt them.

Pam and I just moments ago were having a discussion about what is their natural habitat for protection? I know they come from Peru, but they have no natural defenses....they can't burrow, run, climb, swim, claw and I'm even sure they if they could bite a predator.....so in the wild how do they protect themselves? 

so in the wild how do they protect themselves? 

Well, they're all still trying to find out. They're guinea pigs after all.

so in the wild how do they protect themselves?  

Well, they're all still trying to find out. They're guinea pigs after all.

Very cute response.  :grin

Claude_Dreyfus

Taken me a while to catch up on this!

No sows as yet, just the two boars; however it is not something we have discounted as yet.

In terms of behaviour in the wild, although they don't burrow, they do live in burrows - invariably abandoned. Their defence mechanism is to leg it and hide, which means catching Phaal in particular a challenge when bringing him in for the night!

Nick_Burman

I sort of just "acquired" a cat...plus five kittens. I work for an engineering company involved in a major water transfer/irrigation project, my team and I have just been transferred to an new office in a different town some 400km away from where I was originally. I was placed in one of the company's boarding houses where the present inhabitants have this female cat + kittens. How she came into the house is a story unto itself. Suffice to say that one day she came in, made herself familiar to everybody...and just settled! Now everybody pitches in to buy cat food, take her to the vet, purchase vaccines and so on. Unbeknownst to everybody she arrived pregnant, so after a few months she gave birth to a fine litter of 5 kittens. When I arrived she immediately "took possession" of me and the kittens also took to me, one even tried to climb my bare left leg (it tickled like hell... :grin). They get all over the house, one day I was hanging some clothes up to dry and had to sidestep to put a new piece on the clothesline. Being barefoot I quickly felt fur under my sole, followed by a loud, high-pitched MEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW as one of the darn cute things ran away like a rocket to hide itself behind the washing machine :grin (no harm done). Sadly this will end in a week or so as the kittens are going to be taken away for adoption. Had I had a house of my own I would have kept one for myself. Mamma will stay but will be taken for neutering next week. Having her around in an experience, there nothing like having a hot and furry lump purring away in sleep on your lap while you watch TV...

Cherrs NB

Davo Dentetsu

37360_410724474841_657024841_4750534_6757864_n-1.jpg

Pippy the Shar Pei joins the thread.  She's now heading into 9 years old or thereabouts.

PIC_1292.jpg

PIC_1436-1.jpg

Unrelated Bailey joined our home last year.

547345_10150645786539842_769785744_n.jpg

Unfortunately, he not so small now... :P

• Like 1

Davo - My friend has a Shar Pei and he once saw the cutest cartoon....when no one was looking the dog tried to iron himself....but you've probably have seen that cartoon before.

Davo Dentetsu

Davo - My friend has a Shar Pei and he once saw the cutest cartoon....when no one was looking the dog tried to iron himself....but you've probably have seen that cartoon before.

Hehe, I must say they have been one of the best dogs we've ever had.  They seem to be very well behaved despite news to the contrary.  I find it hard to ever seeing a non-Shar Pei in the house.

Nice looking hounds! Are they rescues?

I have adopted sugar and gorgeous a few months ago. They keep me busy!

Bernard, they are from my friends kennel. They (he and his wife) are cutting back and are looking for homes for some of their older ones. I liked these 2 and am happy to have them :)

Webskipper, you mean you have rattle snakes? Wow!

Martijn Meerts

So, I haven't really been active on the forum recently.. Really busy with a project at work, but as soon as that's done I should be able to get a week or so off and probably sleep 24/7 :)

Also, a new family member has been using up quite some time :)

IMG_0045.jpg

Martijn,

have you got him talking like a pirate yet? calling out station announcements? maybe leave motorman playing for him during the day!

jeff

• Like 1