Yeah--looks like he found my stash of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

at least he didnt find your stash of Big Foot! ;-p

jeff

He's had four big feet since he was a kitten....

sorry meant your sierra nevada big foot ale stash! that stuff is the pinnacle of sierra nevada!

jeff

yeah, i got it, i just failed my humor attempt :-)

LOL, sorry i thought my humor attempt failed and you tried one in reply not getting mine! what a pair...

jeff

Well my cat bumpy ( whom I mentioned earlier in this thread ) has had a hyperthyroidism issue :(

The good news is that it's been treated. And looks like it's fixed  :)

And the real news is

She's radioactive!!!  How cool this that!!!

Radioactive iodine treats the condition and when the vet got out his Geiger counter it went nuts!

(who would have thought that vets have Geiger counters?)

Well now to change the little box twice a day for the next ten days aaa he poop is radioactive too hehehehe

Too cool a story not to share

Graham

Claude_Dreyfus

Most of my animals are posted on this forum in other threads...our latest addition (January this year) has not made it as yet.

This is Phaal; a six month old tri-colour Boar. He is a lot smaller that our other Guinea Pig, but lives up to his name and is quite a feisty little chap...

post-141-13569925015891_thumb.jpeg

Claude_Dreyfus

I hope you guys don't mind, but I'm using this thread to try out embedding a Youtube video (my very first!)...hopefully a precursor to adding a few of our Japanese layout very soon. Of course being a pets thread, it has to be a pet video...Phaal is on TV! :grin

• Like 1

I didn't know this thread existed.  Here is my Himalayan - Kat Mandu.  She enjoys sleeping in the train room and investigating boxes shipped from Japan.

post-396-13569926247478_thumb.jpg

I have a cat (actually the wife's) which, thankfully, stays off my work bench and other tables.

I've also ended up somehow with three turtles (red-eared sliders) which I keep in a massive tank in what passes for our living room.

I have 3 cats and I have found that train models and cats do not mix well, at least not with my 3 trouble makers. They love to eat fake grass and terrorize my tiny town. I do my best to lock them out of my train room but they are very sneaky. They love to be in stuff they shouldn't but I still love them...

Bad news and good news here. The bad news is that we had to have our son Anders's cat Sandy, who was only three years old, put to sleep today. He was incurably ill and was really going downhill after putting up a good fight. Obviously we're all pretty wrecked by this.

The good news, however, is that even though we didn't intend to do this, Anders recently met and fell in love with another cat who needed a home. So now we have Sooty, an 8-year maybe-Russian-Blue who's extremely friendly.

scott,

so sorry to hear that, its a real bummer, but sounds like the rescue of sooty will help the transition. sure sandy would have wished someone fill his place with anders when he was gone.

best wishes

jeff

Scott - I'm sorry to hear this and the cat was so young....but I'm glad to see that there is another cat in your lives that needed a home!

Sorry to hear that.  Losing a pet is always traumatic, particularly for a child (I still remember how I felt about "my" two dogs I lost when I was a kid, and that was ~40 years ago). But a new pet is the best medicine for that.

• Like 1