Tokyu to introduce 2020 series

It's a happy looking train, though I'm going to miss the red accents on that define the Tōkyū rolling stock. I guess that's a bit over anyway, since the Tamagawa/Ikegami lines have less and less red as well nowadays. In regards to the Tōkyū 5000 Series, I think it's an improvement over its design. :)

Very nice indeed.  I also like that artist's rendering of Minami-Machida Station.

If you compare Minami-Machida with how it looks now, it'll be a huge improvement. It's now just a regular Den'entoshi line station with a late 80's style mall next to it. The surroundings are also quite bland, but does have a big road (National route 16), as well as the Tōmei next to it. It makes sense to completely overhaul this station with a combined mall and park 'n ride facilities. It'll be good for the neighbourhood as well I think.

Here is an official video-rendering:

A twitter topic

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23u_s_o_train

Japanese railfans also are already making fun of it.

2020-3800 series

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7HMCFeVsAAZZNe.jpg

A small comic

https://iwiz-rts.c.yimg.jp/im_siggNwdezlUFC8LwSY2is7kf3w---x300-y300-ifmpng-prix/p/rts/8Jo_UBhxwzBFosTKt_g2Cfum1PdcssDvFYJjpncEbaQ6au_uHW.Es5joH.nSTdEYpubyKw--

On youtube there is also a paraody of the film "Downfall" (japanese-only)

Edited by Socimi

Doesn't look too bad, as far as new designs go.  I wonder what the offset door in the front is used for, an emergency escape?

On 1/12/2017 at 6:30 PM, Kiha66 said:

Doesn't look too bad, as far as new designs go.  I wonder what the offset door in the front is used for, an emergency escape?

It's required by japanese law for subway inter-running operation as the denentoshi line trains continue onto the Hanzomon subway line. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't know that, thanks!  I suppose it would be hard to use the side doors in an emergency when the train is in a tunnel.

bikkuri bahn

These were meant to replace the 8500 series if i could recall?

Yes.  As such, I try to get a ride on a 8500 type anytime I’m in the area.  IMO they have the best traction motor sound in the Tokyo area , and also have driving motor units, not a common configuration outside of Keikyu.

The 6020s are there to replace the last four remaining 8500s on the Ōimachi line and the 2020s will be replacing the last two 8590s at first on the Denentoshi line. If you want to ride the 8500s at full speed (110kph on the last stretches of the Denentoshi) and enjoy the traction sound while standing behind the drivers cab, there still is quite a bit of time.

I'm looking forward to these new trains, but it's too bad the special looking 8950s will disappear. Not too disappointed for the Ōimachi line variations though, as I'm absolutely not a fan of the yellow-red gradient livery.

Also, some minor relevant pictures I took while out with TheNicofabi a month ago to a spontaneous visit to the Nagatsuta yard. These were still taken with my mobile phone a few weeks before I got my SLR camera, hence the potato quality.

5a4bbfdebc711_2017-11-2814_30_01.thumb.jpg.914bda686ae4963f64bce2cd2b516786.jpg

The remaining 8950 Series (sandwiching another rare 2000 Series).

5a4bbfee52f61_2017-11-2814_28_54.thumb.jpg.86b173be9b158b335bb0d95819e95290.jpg

Freshly delivered 6000 Series expansion cars to increase the 6-car formations to seven on the Ōimachi express services.

On 1/2/2018 at 3:03 AM, bikkuri bahn said:

Yes.  As such, I try to get a ride on a 8500 type anytime I’m in the area.  IMO they have the best traction motor sound in the Tokyo area , and also have driving motor units, not a common configuration outside of Keikyu.

Asides from the units Imported over here ( in Jakarta, which I do have a hate love relationship   to it lols) . Did have the pleasure to ride the 8500's back in 2014  when i went to japan  , apparently a set on a  through service to the Hanzomon Line if I could recall . 

Still sad to see these units go, though at the same time Im excited for the new 2020 series . Definitely on my to do/ ride list If i went to Japan again . Both  trying  to get a ride on the 8500's there before being replaced and trying the new 2020's ( for the first point will see if I have a chance to go to japan this year. )

( by  coincidence rumors are of the 8500 over here is going to be decommissioned sometime this year or next year) 

Found the newest little brother of the 2020 series, the 6020 on a trial run last week on the Den'entoshi line:

IMG_5083.thumb.jpg.f1a2faf3b57597ef5b73b4bfd713255d.jpg

It's a cute looking thing :)

• Like 5