Kato Brass/Copper bits?

CaptOblivious

CaptOblivious

I don't know if they're brass or copper or what, but you know those brass rails that Kato uses in just about everything they produce? I want some spares, for a couple of DCC conversions I'm working up. Don't need any particular shape or length or size. Anyone know where I can get something like this (without having to buy an entire locomotive (or interior lighting kit) to get it :D )?

yep these guys are in most hobby shops and hardware stores. our local true value and ace hardware stores (usually hidden on a low shelf somewhere funny). also most craft stores have some thin sheet brass and copper lurking around and sometimes in larger sheets than the k&n packs (i think are like 4"x6" in size).

k&s has a little sampler pack with 010, 020, 030, 040, and 050 brass sheets i almost picked up last week to have around.

cheers

jeff

CaptOblivious

How many do you need mate?

:D Thanks, Mag! That's very generous, but I wonder if it will be easier for me to drive out to the LTS and purchase some brass strips than to worry you with shipping tiny things across the Pacific :P (You might read this response as `Four, I think. They're going to get cut down.'). Just out of curiosity, how is it that you have extras?

A second but related question now comes to mind. I notice that the trucks, and at lest some of the undercarriages, of Greenmax kits, appear as though you can fit the t-shaped brass bits that Kato uses in their trucks to pickup current from the rails. Is there a source of those t-shaped pickups? I suppose I could just contact Kato directly…