My new mini layout

valkyriepm

Thank you Jeff, I'll try it out. The only modification I'm doing to the Sankei kits is the replacement of the roof to the Greenmax ones. That way it gets the fully 3D shape. I'll post pics of the results, maybe on another thread dedicated to it ;)

Martin

Matte varnish spraying definitely is good for paper kits. I've also had good experiences with my own cut builds (I should do more again. Didn't buy that cutter plotter for nothing). In a humid environment like here in Japan, my buildings still seem to hold up after a year.

• Like 1

Martin,

The roofs and gutter/downspout details are the worst part of sankei kits. Not their fault. Hybrid is the best approach!

Always thought there would be a market for a small pile of 3d printed bits to go with sankei kits as addon details! (Hint hint toni)

Cheers

• Like 1

Good to hear toni, my papercraft has held up well with matte varnish coats. Luckily our ac keeps the humidity for under 50% year round inside here. I'm going to keep up the practice.

Jeff

Martin,

The roofs and gutter/downspout details are the worst part of sankei kits. Not their fault. Hybrid is the best approach!

Always thought there would be a market for a small pile of 3d printed bits to go with sankei kits as addon details! (Hint hint toni)

Cheers

Completely agree with you. I love the details on the Sankei kits. And yes Toni, small house accesories would be great (beside then ones you already offer). There are a very common style of Japanese tiles that (at least me) haven't found. The electrical boxes for the side of buildings for example. Also would be great doors and windows of different sizes for those of us who like scratch building ;)

Martin