My hobbyroom and my layout

SONIC883_de

SONIC883_de

In winter holidays 2008/2009 I had removed my Layou SHO TOSHI, because it was to large to realize for me. So I had make my hobbyroom clean.

The first plans was 2 tables with approx 3x1 meters. But there where some problems with dimensions - one table had then stand in front of the window. I can't open it than.

So I build up particular my first layout. After some time of collecting ideas I said that one layout is much enough. More and nicer parts will I do as module.

Now I have much space - it isn't only a modeltrain room - it is hobby room (trains, Warhammer, modelcars) and guest room.

Here pictures of today

http://picasaweb.google.com/kpernau/Hobbyraum#5366920240655878274

http://picasaweb.google.com/kpernau/Hobbyraum#5366920246981597186

Things to do: Halogen lamps, wooden light switches, ...

Here is my Layout

http://picasaweb.google.de/kpernau/Hobbyraum#5366920709130402946

http://picasaweb.google.de/kpernau/Hobbyraum#5366920616794389026

http://picasaweb.google.de/kpernau/Hobbyraum#5366920643805326610

It is based on a trackplan from Tomix (I mean it is #10). I must build a table in 3 to 1 meter. But I want it with real wood on the sides.

I don't know if I build the Station in or only a straight track for parade. I don't play with station halts. So I can build up Skyscrappers in the back and smaller ones in front...

Nice work room! It also doubles as a guest room do your guests get to work on the trains?  :grin

That is a nicely design yard, with plenty of space to store long trains.

That looks like a nice comfy room for Modelling!  I can just imagine having a snooze on a hot summers afternoon listening to the trains wiz around (with a cold beer... did I mention the importance of a cold beer :)

G.

That looks like a nice comfy room for Modelling!  I can just imagine having a snooze on a hot summers afternoon listening to the trains wiz around (with a cold beer... did I mention the importance of a cold beer :)

G.

Yikes I have heard don't drink and drive!  :angel4:

SONIC883_de

Only some well temperated sake please!

The room is in the cellar, the last room of the house. At tropical temperatures is it there a little bit cold (but only the first week till the whole house has warmed up).

There I have silence. I can hear audio books, paint and glue models, don't need to clean up in time, I can store my books, magazines, ...

The room is about 25 square meters.

To the layout:

The Sho Toshi was too big (through the whole room) and wenn I had spend 50 Euro, you haven't seen a progress when it was build in. Only too much. I decide to build up a litte bit smaller. I  have the Tomix Trackplan magazine and had found the layout with the turntable. It looks nice, but I don't need a turntabe, because I havent much loco haules trains and when then electric ones (My collection, some missing (3x Shinkansen (0, 500, 800), some Enoden Trams, EH500) => http://picasaweb.google.com/kpernau/MyModeltrains). I need long storage tracks!

But now I have to decide how to go on at another part: The upper level

Do I build the station (my station must grown up to 4 tracks, so a second station must be buyed and the platforms must be extended) or do I only use a single doubletrack for parade? The trains that can be stored in the upper storage tracks doesn't fit in the station - makes a station sense?  

Martijn Meerts

I notice you have a return loop in there. Make sure to add the necessary electronics to prevent short circuiting =)

SONIC883_de

You have an good eye! Yes, Tomix already had draw a isolator track in the layout  :cool:

I will do so like Tomix say

Kia - Looking at your photo album, I like the way you set it up. A photo of the train displayed in it's storage case and then a photo of it displayed on a track. Well thought out.

I just want to ask this question to make sure I understand, the layout with the yard, is that part of a module layout?

SONIC883_de

Hi Bernard,

no, that would be my hard wired layout to 'play'. Okay, I don't "play" - I let them run. That is the ideas without the station. Only trainyard with passing tracks. And the clue is that i can turn the long trains by driving die diagonal lane.

This layout hasn't much scenery - I appreciate that. But I have a big storage! I must not put trains away and get another on the track.

Mudkip Orange

I don't know that I'd trust my guests with my trains when I wasn't supervising. I had the HO out at New Years (Amtrak, Sounder, NP) and the actions of some revelers merited a raised eyebrow or three.

That said I LOVE how much TRACK you've packed into that thing. I'm also impressed with using the 15-degree pieces as easement curves.

Here is my (Tomix) trackplan. Modifications in red color

On the other photo is the yard filled up for presentation this weekend.

KIHA 200, Series 485 H&K, Series 883 Sonic yellow, Series 885 Kamome, Series 885 Sonic, Series 787 Relay Tsubame, Series 715, EH500 Container, EF66 Series 14 cars

The most tracks will arrive in the first september week. Then the layout will move to the party room where this weekend is our meeting.

post-78-13569923107251_thumb.jpg

post-78-13569923107545_thumb.jpg

I don't know that I'd trust my guests with my trains when I wasn't supervising. I had the HO out at New Years (Amtrak, Sounder, NP) and the actions of some revelers merited a raised eyebrow or three.

From my understanding this is actually the club's layout but it's set up at Kia's place once or twice a year. Correct me if I'm wrong, Sonic.

This is my personal layout.

There is no clublayout! The clublayout is on every meeting another - never the same!

I havent much time for playing with my trains, so I need a layout which is easy to handle and can store many trains. Departures and arrivals at a stations havent much priority for me. So I think that this layout will be mine for up to 5 years.

Scenery works will done on modular layouts

- Kai (<- the correct order of the letters :-P, or use 海)

CaptOblivious

This is my personal layout.

There is no clublayout! The clublayout is on every meeting another - never the same!

I havent much time for playing with my trains, so I need a layout which is easy to handle and can store many trains. Departures and arrivals at a stations havent much priority for me. So I think that this layout will be mine for up to 5 years.

Scenery works will done on modular layouts

- Kai (<- the correct order of the letters :-P, or use 海)

Ha! This whole time I'd thought your name was "Kia". (I've known a couple of Kia's in my life, so I wasn't surprised by the odd name.) Will get it right from here forward. ;)

alpineaustralia

Coming from a country that produced Audi, BMW and Mercedes, there was now way his name would be KIA (car joke, folks).

Coming from a country that produced Audi, BMW and Mercedes, there was now way his name would be KIA (car joke, folks).

You forgot VW, with all it's farfignuten goodness

G.

Yikes I have heard don't drink and drive!  :angel4:

Dont drink and play with model trains, i swear to god my trains always want to derail when im drunk.

Ihr Dummschwätzer  :grin

And Dr. P taste like a mixture of cologne water and bubblegum (I like Big Red, but without cologne water)

Sorry for spamming in my own thread.

It is an interessting view through both ramps to the yard.

This layout is a really good looking 'Standard-Layoutbook-Layout'. I modified only some parts (remove the turntable and the station, place some signals, ...). The tracks are all in place like the book.

Like it! Very similar to what I'm hoping to achieve -  The Kato trackplan 612 here http://www.kato-unitrack.co.uk/images/Kato_Track/612-30-3-09.jpg Is this what you've based your plan on?

Nice video as well and very helpful to me to see how it looks in the flesh. I'm now inspired!  :grin ... tho' my credit card has broken out in a cold sweat ...  I like your hobby room too.... nice and spacious and well laid out.  :thumbsup: