JR West Special Rapid Service, Shin-Osaka to Himeji from 1995

Sacto1985

Here's a zenmen tenbou video of interest: a JR West 223-1000 Series in the very early days of Special Rapid service from Shin-Osaka to Himeji Stations, dated August 31, 1995:

Note all the old station layouts and only one flyover bridge to enter the JR West Takarazuka Line west of Amagasaki Station.

• Like 2

A little more than half a year after the Hanshin Earthquake.  Still some JNR types running on the urban network.  I wouldn't call this the early years other than for the 223 series, as the Shin Kaisoku services have been around since the autumn 1970 timetable revision.

A little more than half a year after the Hanshin Earthquake.  Still some JNR types running on the urban network.  I wouldn't call this the early years other than for the 223 series, as the Shin Kaisoku services have been around since the autumn 1970 timetable revision.

I hate to imagine riding the Special Rapid service on the noisy 113's and 115's back then. Those old trainsets were pretty loud as they approached the top speed of 110 km/h (68 mph).

The very interesting thing about this old video is all those old station layouts: Osaka, Amagasaki, and Himeji stood out (Himeji was still on ground level back then!).