French knowhow

alpineaustralia

That's a short version. I remember another one, a real time version, where you could see the whole trip. it was amazingly short. Less than a minute to run at 100kph, around 3 minutes to run at 300kph and the record after 5 or 6 minutes...

Found one, amazing too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clD1vkgpLt0

If you understand French the numbers are totally unbelievable: 800 Ampers and 39kV! You even heard them say it when they enter the last portion, the one choosen to establish the record. When you hear the signal you know that the last acceleration is coming. Everyhting is amazing in this video. Even the sound. They really push this one to the max. I guess it was pretty exciting to stand on those road bridge this day. If I remember coorectly they swing a lot after the train rocketed under neath.

alpineaustralia

The orange TGV from Paris to Geneva was my first "bullet train" experience and I will never forget it.

I recall the carriages were a lot narrower and cramped than the Japanese bullet trains and so it felt a lot more like an aeroplane and you felt the speed more. Very exciting. I love the TGV.

This will be my 6th TGV buy if Kato or Arnold decides to make one.

Leo - I had a feeling you will buy it if (probably when) it comes out. I didn't know Arnold makes a TGV model?

A version of the V150 TGV exists... but it's a Jouef... and a HO model.  :grin

but if you want more "N" TGV's and can't wait Kato or Arnold ask to this one

http://www.fmrprod.net/Modelisme/actuel.html

(he modify old Kato-Lima-Bachmann) warning, it's expensive....

ciao

Massimo

p.s. I've lost the link to TGV decals producer (decals to make yoursef La Poste in first, secon and third version, you need only ane old orange version, maybe in bad condition) but wait.....

this is an example..

http://michel.etienne.78.free.fr/train/materiel/index.php?detail=tgv

p.p.s. If you want HO scale let me know, this next winter I sell all the rest of my HO collection

Leo - I had a feeling you will buy it if (probably when) it comes out. I didn't know Arnold makes a TGV model?

My mind is easily read when it comes to TGV!  No, Arnold does not make them but I think it has a higher chance than Fleischmann.  I will never touch a Minitrix!

My mind is easily read when it comes to TGV!  No, Arnold does not make them but I think it has a higher chance than Fleischmann.  I will never touch a Minitrix!

Hi!

that's not completely right, a little batch of old Lima TGV repainted in blue / gray and Thalys livery boxed whit Trafo and rails, as been produced for a big reseller GDO (similar to Wallmart, only for example), to make it simple , this seller have not paid so all those boxes has been sold (not from the official distribution) but without upper cover (painted whit the name of GDO distributor ;-)

sometime you find it on ebay.de but is a very poor model, for me it's sh...

(rumors from people that have worked in Lima before bankrupcy)

ciao

Massimo

(rumors from people that have worked in Lima before bankrupcy)

ciao

Massimo

Lima has gone out of business?

It is now part of Hornby International along with Arnold, Jouef and Rivarossi.

Rocco joined with Fleischmann

Märklin owns Trix and Minitrix

It is now part of Hornby International along with Arnold, Jouef and Rivarossi.

Rocco joined with Fleischmann

Märklin owns Trix and Minitrix

truly only the name survives, Hornby bought only the name and molds, all it's now produced by Sandakan industries near Hong Kong, Vicenza factory has been closed (Como-Rivarossi, Nurnberg-Arnold, and Champagnole-Jouef factories has been closed before bankrupcy) now part of the people that worked for Lima group, work for Vitrains

Fleischmann buyed from Roco

Marklin situation from April is not so good, it's in pre-bankrupcy (like art.11 in USA for example, if someone would buy it...)

ciao

Massimo

now part of the people that worked for Lima group, work for Vitrains

Fleischmann buyed from Roco

Marklin situation from April is not so good, it's in pre-bankrupcy (like art.11 in USA for example, if someone would buy it...)

ciao

Massimo

Does the Lima factory still exist in Italy just under a different name or did all those workers have to move?

Hi Bernard!

No, Lima factory in Italy was closed 5 years ago, only a little part of commercial employee has been moved to Hornby Italia Srl (it's only a commercial office inside a previous Hornby wholesaler Sticktoys), al the production employee and project engineer are fired, part of this worker starts a new factory named Vitrains in Vicenza (near the last production site but in another place)

http://www.vitrains.it/

Hornby needs only names, projects, molds and resellers (all is made in China now..)

(whit a local train club I've visited in the past Rivarossi, Lima and Roco factory, only Roco still alive but part of production has been moved in Czech/Hungary place)

ciao

Massimo

Boy are we getting off topic Massimo but....I never heard of Vitrains in the USA. Their "catalogo" looks very interesting do they make N scale?