Kato coupler assembly jig 11-719

gavino200

Dunno if it's worth it but that seems awfully expensive. This ones much cheaper. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10003630

Yeah, it is. I just looked for the first picture I could find. The one you posted is a micro trains. You think they're all interchangeable? Or is a Kato model better for kato coupler. I have a bunch of micro trains cars, but I'm fairly sure I won't be getting any more.

I converted 160 using these tweezers. If you are doing a large amount of the Micro trains then it might be worth it. Those boxes are a pain.

gallery_153_16_1357005254_656.jpg

Inobu

Ship-Models-Wooden-Kits-Tools-Parts-FittThese squeeze in the relaxed position.

Edited by inobu

Yeah, it is. I just looked for the first picture I could find. The one you posted is a micro trains. You think they're all interchangeable? Or is a Kato model better for kato coupler. I have a bunch of micro trains cars, but I'm fairly sure I won't be getting any more.

Kato and MicroTrain couplers pretty much are the same thing.  Unless you have unsteady old man hands.  Save yourself some coin and just use tweezers as exampled above.

I converted 160 using these tweezers. If you are doing a large amount of the Micro trains then it might be worth it. Those boxes are a pain.

gallery_153_16_1357005254_656.jpg

Inobu

What's the make of those tweezers? I missed the castro-viejo type mechanism when I looked at it first. Very nice.

Edited by gavino200

Kato and MicroTrain couplers pretty much are the same thing.  Unless you have unsteady old man hands.  Save yourself some coin and just use tweezers as exampled above.

Nope. My hands are good. As much as anything else, I'm sort of curious how this thing works.

It's posted as both manufacturers on the HS website. The item code is the Kato one.

Manufacturer : Kato , Micro-Trains Scale : N Scale , Z Scale Series : Parts List Price : 2,484yenabout21.23USD Sales Price : 2,300yenabout19.66USD Points Acquired : 69pointsOther Currencies JAN code : 4952844117191 Item code : 11-719
  • Like 1

I have a pair of Kadee tweezers which are specially shaped for handling microtrains couplers, but only if they have the curved wire for magnet operation. I used them for assembling couplers.

https://kadee.com/htmbord/page1020.htm

Very nice. I always clip off that little wire. But usually after installation.

Awesome. And cheap too. Doubleplusgood!

Widget is a great place for little hobby tools, usually very decent quality at a good price. Great place to build up the toolbox, but I find it can add up in the shopping cart when I pole around there too much!

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1