Can a member living in Japan buy & ship an inexpensive item to the US ??

sid21177

Hi,

So I missed the bandwagon when this item was released, and its sold out on the webshops which ship to the USA  :sad1:

I found it at yodobashi.com but they do Japan only shipping.

So, can I request someone who lives in Japan to buy this for me and ship it to the USA

I can pay you the cost upfront via PayPal (in USD or JPY)

Item: Casco urethane insert YP-048

Link: http://www.yodobashi.com/キャスコ-kasco-YP-048-Nゲージ-8両用ウレタン-ダークグレー/pd/100000001003254699/

Item Cost: 770 JPY + free shipping in Japan as per the website

US shipping: 380 JPY as per Japan post site for 300g using SAL small packet (item weighs < 100g so this is a safe margin)

I explored using a middlemen service but the service charges exceed the cost of the item - lol, making it not worth it.

Please let me know and I will share my contact details with you. My email is sprasad3@cox.net

Thanks in advance,

Sid

P.S. item pic attached for reference

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10416026/20/2

Edited by cteno4

Sid,

have you tried model train plus or loco1 to see if they could order it for you? model train plus use to do special orders for a small fee.

hobby search shows a 580yen sal shipping on inserts like this. box will weight more, but this may survive well in a padded envelope.

jeff

ahh the service has gone up there. 

but dont know if mtp or loco1 might be able to order from their distributors.

jeff

Sid,

have you tried model train plus or loco1 to see if they could order it for you? model train plus use to do special orders for a small fee.

hobby search shows a 580yen sal shipping on inserts like this. box will weight more, but this may survive well in a padded envelope.

jeff

Loco1 couldn't get it for me - I asked

Edited by sid21177

shipping would probably be 580/680 do to it being regular size of a piece of paper. it weighs nothing, but the bog box to go around it does weigh something.

the item also is only 2 months old.  casco will probably re-release it again if it is all sold out.  or put your name down for the mailing list on HS and hope they find some more stock.

Edited by katoftw

shipping would probably be 580/680 do to it being regular size of a piece of paper. it weighs nothing, but the bog box to go around it does weigh something.

the item also is only 2 months old.  casco will probably re-release it again if it is all sold out.  or put your name down for the mailing list on HS and hope they find some more stock.

Already done that, but HS is doubtful it will be released soon :(

Shipping is for a parcel per JP site with l+w+h < 90cm, I will of course pay the difference if that happens

Edited by sid21177

I would check Model Train Plus.  If Narichi-san can get it from his distributor, he may not charge his service fee.

Have asked them as well