Hakone Tozan Railway 110 retirement train

bill937ca

Hakone Tozan Railway operates a charter train commemorating the retirement of Moha 2-type train No. 110 in total three times from January 21 to February 12, 2017. 

Moha 2 is a train that appeared in 1927. Currently there are a total of 3 of 108 to 110 left, but now decided to retire 110. It was decided to terminate the operation as long as February 12th. Along with this, No. 110 was repainted as a painting of the 1950s as a remembrance commemoration. 

According to the announcement, the charter train runs between Hakone Yumoto and Gora a total of 3 times on 21, 28 January 2017, February 12, 2017. I run in two sets of 108 and 110 numbers.

• Like 3

I rode on the 110 in September, and I gotta say that is was a very comfortable ride. It may be a rather old train, but the atmosphere is unbeatable and the seats are very comfy. It's also nice that these don't have longitude seats, unlike the MoHa1 type for example.

Here's a pic of the 110 at Hakone-Yumoto on September 25 this year:

post-638-0-44108200-1481811317_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Scrapped Hakone Tozan car 110 being transported on a trailer. Video by Shinyuvideo.

Actually it seems to have landed at a rather strange place, together with some similar rare trains, including a tokyo metro car and a chiba monorail set.

http://www.asahi.com/amp/articles/ASK5D433CK5DUDCB00B.html

http://yukarin.sakura.ne.jp/archives/2015/08/12-22475.php

Could someone explain who got it, what is this place and what are their plans with the car? (the bogies seem to be kept as spares...)

Ah that's much better than the scrapyard! I believe this is a private-owned rail exhibition thingy.