disturbman

Are you going to paricipate to the September 2009 Project Party  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to paricipate to the September 2009 Project Party

• I will - Mini Layout
    • I will - Diorama
    • I won't

People that are interested are welcome to sign up here and to choose the project of their subject. Votes are just here to give an indication, they can be changed if needed.

Sign up is possible until real work start on October 4th (Sunday). Later join in are also possible but not encouraged, time will be then too tight.

Information about the Party can be found in the "Disclaimer Thread"

One last thing, if you decide to commit to this Party, please commit until the end. You will not regret it :cat:

I'm also in, and I've decided on a diorama that can be incorporated later to the permanent home layout.

What I can't decide is whether to do an suburban scene, such as the station at Akahori,

800px-Akahori_stn.jpg

or a rural halt surrounded by rice fields or tea bushes like these ones at Nii and Kami-Kasada.

800px-Iga_RW_Nii_stn.jpg

750px-Kami-Kasada_stn_1.jpg

The suburban station would help me develop my structure building skills, whereas the rural scene would let me develop some new secenery skills.

Either would find a place on my layout, so whichever one I do choose I'll be happy with.

All the best,

Mark.

I've decided to do a diorama scene and have been researching my choices. I've decided to do a portal scene and still haven't decided on what scene I would like to do. (That is why I had a thread asking for Photos on Tunnels)

Here are 2 photos I like but if anybody knows of an interesting photo, I'm still open to suggestions.)

post-22-13569923028423_thumb.jpg

post-22-1356992302892_thumb.jpg

Interesting subject, Bernard. I think the scene in the first photo would make the most interesting diorama - I like the look of all the electrical infrastructure. Anyway, whatever you choose, good luck with it.

Cheers,

Mark.

Interesting subject, Bernard. I think the scene in the first photo would make the most interesting diorama - I like the look of all the electrical infrastructure. Anyway, whatever you choose, good luck with it.

Cheers,

Mark.

I'm tending to go for the 1st photo too. I just like the look of the ballasted track as compared to the 2nd photo.

What I was looking for and I thought I saw it, was a Portal with sloping ground cover on each side of a double track. Did anybody ever see the scene I'm describing?

Welcome aboard guys! You choose interesting project. The coming months are going to be very exciting and interesting.

And to answer your question bc6:

Each project, or person, will have his own "progress thread" and "discussion thread". Updates will be posted in the "progress thread" and discuss in the "discussion thread". Still I remind you all that the Project Party will start in September and real work in October. Any earlier start will be prematurate. ;)

Mudkip Orange

Alright, you guys need to change my vote. I originally checked "I won't," since I'm working on another layout right now.

But on second thought...

I'm going to construct a mini-layout *and* a diorama. Which is to say, it'll be a mini-layout that can also function as part of a larger whole.

Alright, you guys need to change my vote. I originally checked "I won't," since I'm working on another layout right now.

Happy to hear it, by the way you can normally do change your vote by yourself. You just to remove it first and then vote again. :)

Mudkip Orange

Hey, I'd kinda like to do a layout on a standard Ikea BILLY bookshelf.

Dimensions: 76x26cm. Would I still be within the rules? If not, would it be cool to leave 6cm on one side "un-scenicked", so that actual layout area is 70x26?

I've voted  :grin

I will be doing a diorama which will be incorporated into my layout; that way (hopefully) by the end of this project I will at least have a section of my layout which is complete  :cheesy

Glad to hear it serenity.

Mudkip, are you still participating to the Party? If yes, I did give a lot of thoughts to your proposition and I decided to accept the dimensions of the Billy Bookshelf. It's really a small difference and you are going to be limited to a very narrow width. And, also, it's so post-modern to design something after the dimensions of an Ikea piece that I can't refuse it. If you want to limit yourself to 70 instead 76 go ahead. It's really a small difference. You could maybe put your controls there. :D

Ok I opened 5 "participant accounts" (Bernard, Marknewton, serenityFan, Mudkip Orange and mine) but six people voted... But I'm not sure whose the last one is.  ??? bc6's intervention was not entirely clear. Are you or aren't you participating in the party bc6?

Same goes with Mudkip, are you still participating after your quick move and the tear down of your last layout?

Mudkip Orange

Same goes with Mudkip, are you still participating after your quick move and the tear down of your last layout?

Absolutely. I'll be doing a module only though, no mini-tram layout.