Japanese Modelling & Japan Rail Enthusiasts Forum
tossedman

Laser cutter

Finally got the laser cutter up and running. Spent some time with training and working out the software for the cutter and still have lots to learn. Here are a couple of pics of my first attempt at cutting 6mm baltic birch plywood last Friday. These are just the end pieces of the base for a T-Trak module that I tried out on some scrap. The fit is amazing. I cut them as separate pieces, with the joints cut separately, not using the interlocking part as the cut line. The width of the cut (kerf?) is about about .5mm. These two pieces took a grand total of 12 seconds to cut in one pass. Can't wait to try more. Looking for a supplier of Polybak now as well.

IMG_7367.jpg

IMG_7369.jpg

Cheers eh,

Todd

Edited by tossedman
  • Like 3

Yeah, I was amazed. It did the cut, just looked like it etched the line and the machine stopped and indicated job done. I picked up the plywood and the pieces fell right out. Next plan is cribbage boards for a teacher who wants to start up a cribbage club. Here's the prototype, cut out of matte board.

IMG_7371.jpg

Actually, that's the bottom of the prototype. Here's the top. It etched in the numbers really well.

IMG_7372.jpg

cteno4   

Wow! You are having too much fun Todd! Wish I lived closer! Very jealous... ;-p

jeff