JR-East 253-1000 series

velotrain

For my tastes, this is perhaps the most beautiful Japanese train that I've seen, although will gladly admit that I'm partial to the colors - even if the orange is a tad "peachy".

I'm just curious why a model of it hasn't been released - or can I expect that in the future?

gallery_941_192_54220.jpg

• Like 2

To be honest, yesterday I was shortly contemplating to get either a Tomix or Kato 6-car model reproduce a 253-1000. It's not that I'm a big fan of the livery, but the fact that I've been on it from Shinjuku to Kinugawa-onsen is the main reason. Next to that, a growing interest in the trains running on the Tōbu Kinugawa line. No model has been made because I think there are only two, it's not a very attractive looking train in general, and it runs a quite obscure service, shared with the Tōbu 200 Spacia. The livery is also just not a repaint, but a remodelling of the whole train, which would need retooling of the moulds (which are quite old from both Kato and Tomix). Probably not worth the investment.

• Like 1

AAhhh the Ltd. Express Kinogawa. I always thought about this question too, and would like a model of it. That orange looks good actually, and they can run parallel with Tobu trains and not look out of place..

But Toni san has brought up a good point as to why they might not be produced... Guess i'll stick with the Nagano 2100 series (same 253 type) till then...