124 replies to this topic

#121 Suica

Suica

Tetsudou Musume

• Members
  • LocationBerlin / Germany

Posted Yesterday, 08:14 AM

Great solution, squid!

By the way, you were very lucky. These coaches come from a rather hard to find set of 3, which usually goes for price matching its rarity. It's something I haven't been able to obtain myself yet.

j0mXULK.png  Goodbye Hakucho!

#122 railsquid

railsquid
  • Members
  • LocationTokyo

Posted Yesterday, 03:59 PM

3 teiliges Set "Interzonenzug I", Sonderserie Märklin-Händler-Initiative, "Y-Wagen" - I had no idea it was rare. Even better bargain then :D

• Suica likes this

#123 enodenlover

enodenlover
  • Members
  • LocationChicago area

Posted Yesterday, 06:18 PM

Some real progress today. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a jar of Mod Podge and now the track oval is glued in place, as are all three grade crossings ( two roadway and one pedestrian ). In the next day or two I'll probably start cutting the Tomytec rice paddies sheets to the appropriate shapes and gluing them in place.  

Bob

Edited by enodenlover, Yesterday, 09:41 PM.

#124 marknewton

marknewton
  • Members
  • LocationWaterfall, NSW, Australia

Posted Yesterday, 07:15 PM

Probably fear of breaking it or never getting it together again.

You're probably right about that. The way these models come apart isn't obvious or particularly intuitive. Whenever I'm disassembling a model for the first time I take a photo of each step so I know what I did, and in what order I did it. That way I can reassemble the thing without too many surprises.

Once I was happy with the way it ran I added all the details. Here's my two C56s together on the photo plank:

gallery_22_66_229864.jpg

They're lovely little models of a lovely prototype. I'm glad I took bikkuri bahn's advice and got them.

Cheers,

Mark.
  • bill937ca and railsquid like this
I can't relax cause I haven't done a thing

And I can't do a thing cause I can't relax

http://www.imra.org.au/

#125 nah00

nah00
  • Members
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted Today, 07:37 AM

Made some chrysanthemums for one of my Tomytec greenhouses. Easier that I thought it would be.

Attached Files

• buckingham likes this

9306_5.gif4310_9.gif6089_2.gif6089_5.gif6106_6.gif6089_7.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: layouts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users