What did you do on your layout today? (N scale)

bill937ca

Eurostar25

Had a go at pulling off the embankment sides as the greenery just wasn't looking right or holding well plus there was very little space down the edges. Had a go at adding a retaining wall instead.

Began adding vegetation too. Plenty of white glue later.

post-921-0-24100800-1496390866_thumb.jpg

• Like 6
Pauljag900

With the arrival of a tractor,livestock and workers the farm springs into life!

post-2329-0-45382000-1496413705_thumb.jpgpost-2329-0-33807900-1496414010_thumb.jpgpost-2329-0-05380500-1496414074_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I can t post the pic of the workers in the field as the file wo nt load coz it s too big.

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Like 6

paul, 

love the pig farm!

if you took it with your ipad, try just going into photos and crop the image a little bit then try to reload it. for some odd reason it decreases the upload size dramatically when you do this. seems the original is a full max resolution jpeg format that is bigger than the upload size, but any small edit tends to then upload a much smaller file size jpeg...

jeff

Pauljag900

Hi Jeff,

Thanks mate,tried it but no luck,think there may be too much detail in the pic.

I ll email the pic to you see if you have any luck mate.

Paul

• Like 1
Pauljag900

Heh! I just run the trains. The cars have to look out for themselves! All the streets on Unitram are one-way, so yeah, you see tail lights.

Looks fantastic mate,I love the night scenes

Edited by Pauljag900
serotta1972

Hey Paul, email the photo to yourself and it will ask you what size you want the photo and you can pick the size under 2 mb.

Junior

Pauljag900

Hi junior,

I ve tried that too buddy but it just sent,it did nt ask me a file size,problem is that it's almost 8mb!,

Edited by Pauljag900

Lately besides ttrak, i've been building some fremo modules. A generic 15 degree module for the club to fit a straight section into the round roundhouse for an exhibition and two 25cm block signal modules as hand waving and shouting is not an effective way of traffic control, so we need signals as using cab radio over wifi was voted down.

Btw. signals: the Tomix light signal heads i ordered are on their way and i can hardly wait to test them with manual control. (they are considerably cheaper than the automatic signals and in theory usable as entry and exit signals)

I saw this video and decided that I should have white lines in my platforms.

So I have been painting them.

IMG 0989

IMG 0992

IMG 1001

I used the same pencil for the lines in the level crossing.

IMG 0998

Edited by Khaul
  • Like 5

Btw. signals: the Tomix light signal heads i ordered are on their way and i can hardly wait to test them with manual control. (they are considerably cheaper than the automatic signals and in theory usable as entry and exit signals)

kvp, are you talking about these signals?

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10405410

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drunkenclam

Wow. My 40 metres of cable didn't get me very far. Enough to do 6 power feeds. Just waiting for the power switches so I can connect them all up.

• Like 2

Wow. My 40 metres of cable didn't get me very far. Enough to do 6 power feeds. Just waiting for the power switches so I can connect them all up.

It certainly does nt last long once you start running the wires in mate that s for sure.

I ve been using 100 metre rolls,and I ve been using 2core 12v cable and I m on my fourth roll!!

• Like 1

Wire goes poof fast and now under expensive! Best deals I've found for heavier stuff like 18 or 16g is using speaker wire. Home install stuff comes red/black and an outer sheath for down to 10 cents/ft

Jeff

• Like 1

Wire goes poof fast and now under expensive! Best deals I've found for heavier stuff like 18 or 16g is using speaker wire. Home install stuff comes red/black and an outer sheath for down to 10 cents/ft

Jeff

That's exactly what I use now Jeff Edited by Pauljag900

That's an excellent price! I've been shocked by how much wire prices have risen in the last few years. Copper mainly I guess.

Jeff

I reckon you re spot on there jeff.

I used to buy 20m rolls from a guy on eBay and I needed a couple of rolls for some street lights but when I checked my watch list they ve almost doubled in price from £2.45 to £4.40.i managed to find a guy in Ireland selling 8 x 25m rolls all diferent colours for £13.50 with postage,

Paul

Yesterday and this morning I did some retrofitting and upgrading of models I made in the 1970s and 80s. All of these models have since been superseded by more modern offerings, but I wanted to get these running again as momentos of what we early N scalers had to do "back in the day" to get decent running models.

The models are Lone Star rubber band drive and Ibertren 3-rail models that I repowered with Minitrix mechanisms, which were some of the best running and pulling locos of the day. However, over time, the bushings on the motor shafts began to slip, so I removed these and squared off the shafts. I fitted square brass tubing over these to seat into the drive shaft connector to the trucks. This prohibits any slippage and the locos all run great again.

In the process, I also replaced some of the worn motor brushes, cleaned up all the electrical contacts, relubricated everything and touched up some paint.

Attached are photos of the locos involved: First: two British Lone Star models: Type 2 D5100 Class 24 Bo-Bo and Type 2 D5900 Class Bo-Bo.

Second: Ibertren RENFE (Spanish) 2100 Class ALCO and Ibertren New South Wales (Australian) 44 Class ALCO "World".

Finally, my A-B-A Canadian Pacific set. All three units are powered, drawbarred and interwired for reliability. Canadian modelers: I now know about the roof stripe - which I didn't back in the 1970s - so no "rivet counting", please!

- Paul Ingraham, AsiaN (and other) Rail

post-491-0-11579900-1497667607_thumb.jpg

post-491-0-51498300-1497667653_thumb.jpeg

post-491-0-99939800-1497667669_thumb.jpg

Edited by Railtunes
  • Like 9