What did you do on your layout today? (N scale)

bill937ca

3 hours ago, sid21177 said:

What is the blue two-tone loco and the end of the loading dock ??

Also, funny to see the EMD passenger locos hauling freight - lol

Hi Sid,

the blue locco is a tomix 2184, ED67 locco.

the EMD loccos are hauling freight due to the lack of passenger coaches and simply because I like them that way😂😂😂😂

i buy and set up my Trains purely because I like them mate,I m not that bothered if they re not completely prototypical so long as they look nice ha ha👍😂😂

Paul

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Thanks mate! Seems like it works pretty well, I might want to have a look into one of those!

Excellent video! The more I look at your layout, the more I love it... That mirror really does wonders and often I thought there was another 200 series running in an opposite direction on the other side! Really nicely done!

A noob question, how did you place music in your video again? I used to make videos myself, but ever since I lost the windows movie maker on the newer computers I just couldn't find another software that was as easy and free... 

Hi Sammy,

thanks for the kind words buddy👍👍😀

those dust monkeys are well worth the money mate.Not sure how often they need replacing but When the time comes I m going to try cleaning them in isopropanol first to see if I can prolong their life.They cost about £12 for 4 so about £3 each mate but worth every penny.My intention is to have one fitted to one train on each loop,so 8 in total,and run that train for a few laps each time I go in there.Just goes to show how quickly the dirt and dust builds up.Mind you,it is outside in a shed even tho I do nt use it for anything else so not creating dust.

I use iMovie on the iPad mate,only just realised I d got it on mine.Mine is a fairly new iPad Pro but I ve just checked and there s a free version available in the App Store mate,the music is included in the app and there s about 6-8 diferent choices.You can download from your music library but a lot can t be downloaded due to copyright protection so,as usual,I took the easy option and used one from the program.

I wanted to use Runawy train by AC/DC but could nt download it ha ha👍😂😂

hope this helps buddy👍

Paul

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

the EMD loccos are hauling freight due to the lack of passenger coaches and simply because I like them that way😂😂😂😂

i buy and set up my Trains purely because I like them mate,I m not that bothered if they re not completely prototypical so long as they look nice ha ha👍😂😂

Paul

Some US modelers would freak out at the mere thought - lol - let alone see it in practice

Carry on ... 👍

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, sid21177 said:

Some US modelers would freak out at the mere thought - lol - let alone see it in practice

Carry on ... 👍

I m sure they would buddy ha ha

cheers Sid👍👍😀

• Like 1

I think that is the difference between modelers and train runners.   The modelers strive to model everything in great detail.  The train runners just want to play with the trains.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, chadbag said:

I think that is the difference between modelers and train runners.   The modelers strive to model everything in great detail.  The train runners just want to play with the trains.

I love when I see people roll their eyes at my Norfolk Southern heritage locos hauling older rolling stock. Also my DD-51 with its string of kokis was a big hit at a train show this weekend, lots of color. 

• Like 2

Two 180° modules done!  It's amazing how much easier it is when you have access to the right tools!  Hopefully I can help get some younger people excited about modeling/t-track here on the west coast.  Now just to figure out what to put on them...

20180729_203754.thumb.jpg.6d5f1d1e134949628cb6d95e8405b19c.jpg

• Like 4

took my keikyu line up off the track and put my yamanote line on the rails.

Kato e235

Kato e231

Kato 205

Kato 103

Switched the original couplers on my 205 series. Its second hand and came with bogie mounted knuckle couplers. (Is that normal for these older models?). TNs look much better.

My e235 is only set with interior lighting.

My next project to improve layout will be to scratch build road for tomytec moving bus. If I get around to that look for that on the projects forum.

20180801_010254.jpg

20180801_010048.jpg

20180801_010653.jpg

• Like 6

Finally got my EF-65 running and pulling the Orient Express. I don't know what that little round magnetic badge on the front says. I'm sure it's not for the Orient Express. But it's my first one of these, and I like it, so it stays for now. 

BCXsFNo.jpg

• Like 7

A new layout base using Garage Shelving from Walmart.  No wires in front of the Centralplatz scenes. Controller and turnout switches are on the level below.

IMG_6419 cropped.jpg

• Like 8

After being afraid to touch these things for more than a year, I finally got round to putting these together. I made a mistake with the blue one. I 'pre-folded' the paper before putting it onto the structure. That caused the print to come off along the fold line. It's better to just glue the paper and fold it onto the structure. I live and learn.

2HUOJFI.jpg

• Like 12

Try spraying a little clear coat on them before folding. Helps keep the ink and paper from cracking on the fold.

jeff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kato fitted knuckle couplers to a few boxed EMU sets at one time, not sure why as they seem to have made the bogie mounted Shibatas for at least as long (judging by the instructions in some older models I have). The knuckles might give closer coupling but they're no use for multiple working.

Just a bunch of things:

-glued and painted a ttrak module made from leftover wood (just enough for the top and the two short sides, plus 3 and a half legs), it will be an elevated tracks module due to the missing long (front and back ) sides, so i added the legs according to this

-ballasted the 3rd hungarian station ttrak module (it's built from peco code 55 tracks) and started applying the terrain base coat (brown colored fine wood chips and sawdust)

-painted the base and the exterior of the cover of my japanese Zj scale diorama (the interior of the cover is still a todo after the other side dries)

-base coated the tiny bridge for the Zj diorama (once dry, it's ready for painting)

-painted the rokuhan tracks for the Zj diorama with a Tomix rust marker

• Like 3
On 8/4/2018 at 9:20 PM, gavino200 said:

After being afraid to touch these things for more than a year, I finally got round to putting these together. I made a mistake with the blue one. I 'pre-folded' the paper before putting it onto the structure. That caused the print to come off along the fold line. It's better to just glue the paper and fold it onto the structure. I live and learn.

2HUOJFI.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I have 3 packs of these things to assemble

• Like 1

63C49DB4-2348-4A20-9887-5FF589A03F92.thumb.jpeg.47961e4d634824132ea68fd12f8b4c77.jpeg

My E3 arrived back today and all good now.

Having spent some considerable time organising the Trains and working out what goes where,or more to the point which siding they will fit in, the arrival back of the E3 now completes the line up for the Shinkansen and express lines.

• Like 7
43 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

And finally the small freight yard which is next item to finish off,refinery,roads etc.

I especially like the Sagawa trucks! I'm hunting those suckers down to make a little parcel depot for my M-250 "Super Rail Cargo" train.

25 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

I especially like the Sagawa trucks! I'm hunting those suckers down to make a little parcel depot for my M-250 "Super Rail Cargo" train.

You knnow I d help if I could but I just dropped lucky on eBay Gavin,got all those trucks apart from the tankers for about £25.