What did you do on your layout today? (N scale)

bill937ca

Pauljag900

0256D0DC-C0E3-436D-BD04-9C843E56293A.thumb.jpeg.4a939e19841171fea463fe8d8a2bc1b5.jpeg

Buildings placed on,base painted and roadway gravelled,next step will be to fit the lights to the buildings and street lights then fix buildings In place before doing the groundcover and finally adding the trees.

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Like 7
serotta1972

Does anyone else feel like I do compared to Paul, I'm the biggest slacker in this forum.  Even JR500 is taking his trains apart and cleaning them. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Pauljag900

CC7B0BA9-914F-448E-91C7-C5EB679CC9DC.thumb.jpeg.257d5b445b92943ec278c9fb2e7e0071.jpeg

Usual carnage underneath when wiring lights.All lights wired up but not tested yet!

Not quite as detailed as Gavino200 ‘s tunnel inside but I reckon it’s a close second😂😂👍

• Like 4

Cool way to hide those wires under a tunnel! Great idea!

21 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

Does anyone else feel like I do compared to Paul, I'm the biggest slacker in this forum.  Even JR500 is taking his trains apart and cleaning them. 🙂

Nope buddy, at least you RUN your trains... mine are like... always stationary and adding...  😛

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, chadbag said:

I am just taking pictures of them for my new YouTube channel.  Running them?   How?

Haha I know you're kidding, but just in case :

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Pauljag900
1 hour ago, chadbag said:

I am just taking pictures of them for my new YouTube channel.  Running them?   How?

Have you got the link to your new channel buddy?

• Like 1
Pauljag900

184FC70B-5009-45B3-8288-C8ADF96CDFF8.thumb.jpeg.45ddf6bc8dabed4c2a033bba312db088.jpeg

Well they work,if only my foliage for groundcover would hurry up and arrive I could finish it!!😀

• Like 5
3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Haha I know you're kidding, but just in case :

That is an awesome video!  

Only in Japan do grown dudes put on a tie to operate precision instruments such as model railroads!

I do wish they had some good instructions on separating the close-coupling.   I do it but with the fear I am doing it wrong and will break or wear it out sooner than I should.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Pauljag900 said:

Have you got the link to your new channel buddy?

At the moment, there is no content on the YouTube channel (though it is registered). I don't have a custom URL as you need to have content, longevity, and minimum subscribers.  Once I get something up it will be under the name "Densha Bahn".  I have shot raw footage for a few "unboxing" type videos and plan on doing a more in depth review this weekend if I can grab the time.  That and edit what I have to make it worthwhile.  I plan on doing unboxing, in depth reviews, how-to (DCC decoder install, and whatever else), and some general train stuff etc.  And live trains when I go to Japan to visit my MIL.  And we do plan on a trip to Germany in 2020 for a reunion so I will do a lot of recording etc. then.  But mostly just as I grow in the hobby, document it the way I wish I could find things on YouTube, etc. and share them.  (And hopefully get a billion subscribers so Google can send some cash my way to pay for it all 😉  ).

I do have an Instagram account with a few still shots up:  https://www.instagram.com/DenshaBahn/

And a twitter account:  https://twitter.com/DenshaBahn/

And I have started a "Brand" FaceBook page under "Densha Bahn" but it has nothing on it at the moment.

densha-bahn.com will start working sometime soon and basically be an overview, and link to the social media properties.  And eventually have a store if some things I am working on every come to fruition.   trying not to let this get out of hand.   The Day Job will thanks me.

I will actually make post somewhere appropriate on the forum here once I start to get real content up.  After all, this forum is to blame for encouraging my over indulgence 😇  in this regard. 😉   .  But those so inclined to help a brother out can go follow me on instagram and twitter 🙂 .

• Like 1
Pauljag900
33 minutes ago, chadbag said:

At the moment, there is no content on the YouTube channel (though it is registered). I don't have a custom URL as you need to have content, longevity, and minimum subscribers.  Once I get something up it will be under the name "Densha Bahn".  I have shot raw footage for a few "unboxing" type videos and plan on doing a more in depth review this weekend if I can grab the time.  That and edit what I have to make it worthwhile.  I plan on doing unboxing, in depth reviews, how-to (DCC decoder install, and whatever else), and some general train stuff etc.  And live trains when I go to Japan to visit my MIL.  And we do plan on a trip to Germany in 2020 for a reunion so I will do a lot of recording etc. then.  But mostly just as I grow in the hobby, document it the way I wish I could find things on YouTube, etc. and share them.  (And hopefully get a billion subscribers so Google can send some cash my way to pay for it all 😉  ).

I do have an Instagram account with a few still shots up:  https://www.instagram.com/DenshaBahn/

And I have started a "Brand" FaceBook page under "Densha Bahn" but it has nothing on it at the moment.

densha-bahn.com will start working sometime soon and basically be an overview, and link to the social media properties.  And eventually have a store if some things I am working on every come to fruition.   trying not to let this get out of hand.   The Day Job will thanks me.

I will actually make post somewhere appropriate on the forum here once I start to get real content up.  After all, this forum is to blame for encouraging my over indulgence 😇  in this regard. 😉   .  But those so inclined to help a brother out can go follow me on instagram and twitter 🙂 .

Hi buddy,

thanks for all that,you re going to be very busy by the sounds of things mate👍😀

yes,it s a great forum and it’s responsible for emptying my bank account on more than one occaision😂😂 everyone here is always more than happy to help anyone out mate,it s a great place to be 👍👍😀

• Thanks 1
Pauljag900
37 minutes ago, chadbag said:

Just in case you re wondering,Les Chaloner is me,It s my wife’s account👍😀

• Haha 1
Pauljag900

921BA81F-D375-4800-9A8F-9FB64E2A1A3A.thumb.jpeg.115e4b52e3ac4bff15e155e313328ea9.jpeg

Finally finished the mountain module,bit of touching up which needs to be done on the layout.

tomorrow I ll attempt to fit it back on the layout and connect the electrics.

• Like 5
Pauljag900

C9319268-5AF5-4D1F-8651-75336AB79B8B.thumb.jpeg.f7b2ad05e4340b046f50b11f8ff2a06a.jpeg

After six hours of trying I finally got the mountain in position with adequate clearance for the Trains and the lights connected up.

also fitted extra track power feeds to each track at the bottom end of the layout as I used the same channel as I did for the lighting wires,tho not connected to the controllers yet.

• Like 7

Paul,

that really adds nicely to the layout! Vertical bit breaks things up and will be wonderful having trains disappear for a big bit! Also great scenery areas. Kudos!

Jeff

• Like 1
serotta1972

I love the greenery! Exactly how I remember Japan, lots of trains and lush green hills.

• Like 1

Wow Paul, That's just amazing buddy! Love those lighted up dioramas, especially your yard! Amazing work!

• Like 1
serotta1972
9 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

At night.

2C761ECA-3217-4BDC-9CCB-B7745108C078.thumb.jpeg.6f1a4100b3f18b05830d997d4e18e885.jpeg

What the heck is going on in that engine house? 

• Haha 1
Pauljag900
1 hour ago, serotta1972 said:

What the heck is going on in that engine house? 

Ha ha,I need to change those bulbs!! To be fair it s not quite as bad in real time,the iPad camera does tend to make the glare some what😂😂👍

buckingham
15 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

At night.

2C761ECA-3217-4BDC-9CCB-B7745108C078.thumb.jpeg.6f1a4100b3f18b05830d997d4e18e885.jpeg

Terrific stuff throughout 🙂

Edited by buckingham
  • Like 1