What did you do on your layout today? (N scale)

bill937ca

2 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

C667B4E6-0F3F-40ED-A966-DDAB72C47DDF.thumb.jpeg.be1fee5c76290a7e68e20b3fa5684f06.jpeg

Wow, Paul! These look FANTASTCI! Were those advertisements on there already or were they stickers?

36 minutes ago, tt0880 said:

Wow, Paul! These look FANTASTCI! Were those advertisements on there already or were they stickers?

Cheers buddy.👍

They re stickers that come with the tomix cobbled road oval set. I m not totally sure where they go or what they re for to be honest but thought I may as well use them.

i peeled the back off the whole sheet and stuck it to some clear acetate to give it a bit of stiffness then just cut them out and glued them on.👍👍😀

• Like 1

Nice Paul, it’s amazing how a few figures and stickers totally transform the platform. Just need those few key items to pop then viewer’s mind’s eye into play as these bits bring out the memories of the viewer of similar scenes and all the rest of the details of the scene is filled in from memories and you get a more vivid picture in the mind of the viewer than what is actually there! Love it when you hit those points! 

Cheers

jeff

• Like 1

Thanks jeff👍😀

I ve always said that figures and vehicles make a massive diference to any scene or layout.And to take it to a bigger scale this is the reason,tho dubious at first,I did the plain loops,when all the trains are running and there’s plenty of detail on the layout you forget all about the loops.The mind is too busy looking at other stuff ha ha 👍😀😀

Cheers Junior.

they re the kits I got from you buddy 👍😀😀

i ve got five buildings to make and two train platforms to finish then I m done with what I ve got here.

just trying to do the bits and bobs to keep busy👍😀

2 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

Cheers buddy.👍

They re stickers that come with the tomix cobbled road oval set. I m not totally sure where they go or what they re for to be honest but thought I may as well use them.

i peeled the back off the whole sheet and stuck it to some clear acetate to give it a bit of stiffness then just cut them out and glued them on.👍👍😀

Very clever way to deal with stickers!

• Like 1
On 4/15/2018 at 4:30 PM, Pauljag900 said:

Cheers buddy.👍

Top stuff again Paul.  That acetate sheet has a myriad of uses it seems :)

• Like 1

Just don’t put the sign for the women’s bathroom over the ticket booth! A number of us in the club that don’t read or speak Japanese have made these type errors over the years and it always gives the couple of members that read Japanese a good laugh. Now I usually try to do the google phone photo translator to make sure I don’t do something embarrassing!

we had talked at one point of scanning the various sticker sets and marking them up with translations, but it never got going.

jeff

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Just don’t put the sign for the women’s bathroom over the ticket booth! A number of us in the club that don’t read or speak Japanese have made these type errors over the years and it always gives the couple of members that read Japanese a good laugh. Now I usually try to do the google phone photo translator to make sure I don’t do something embarrassing!

we had talked at one point of scanning the various sticker sets and marking them up with translations, but it never got going.

jeff

Ha ha,well I ve put them on upside down before now but would nt have a clue what they say!😂😂

maybe i ll just take the pics from further away from now on😂👍

Our worse was something like bra underware sale sign that went in something totally inappropriate, I think an engine house.

jeff

3 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Our worse was something like bra underware sale sign that went in something totally inappropriate, I think an engine house.

jeff

Well that’s something I would probably do!

the thing is,if you do nt know then it’s fine,but as soon as someone points it out you feel you have to change it! The wonders of the human brain 😂😂😂

5 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Yes! I remember a topic about that, but couldn't find it. Would be be great to continue on that. 

I also use the translator of the phone to avoid mistakes :p

Martin

Edited by valkyriepm
  • Like 1

One issue was posting them as they are copyrighted, but we figured putting a colored dot with a number in it over most of each sticker on a sheet would modify it and destroy it for reprinting enough to be kosher. It is a task, I think we did a couple of green max sheets like 10 years back (pre translate apps) and I think our club member pooped out on doing more after the effort by hand.

maybe if a group here is interested in doing the translation (like some doing rough ones with phones and then maybe a good reader cleaning it up?) I would volunteer to do the graphics and set up a permanent page for them as well on the JRM website as well for easy access archiving.

would be good to have the manufacturer and item it came from and which way is up as well!

anyone interested? 

Jeff

• Like 1

I'll be moving down to LA for the summer in a few weeks, but before I start packing I thought I'd try something new on the temporary layout.  A few elevated curves from a previous order means I can finally make an elevated loop, although I still need to get a few more packs of viaduct piers.

20180416_142246.thumb.jpg.c2806c21b2f89414b973d27d85f6b987.jpg

Edited by Kiha66
  • Like 9

Hi!

I decided to replace the house line on the tunnel T-trak to an apartment style, because the last few months i forward very slowly the houses just 2 frame done, but the roofs geometry are very challangable. So here is the apartment after to weekends building.

The right side will be car park and the left side somekind of green park  or playground:

Still left the balcony sidewalls, the windows, i think there are made from opaque styrene document cover and i want to install some led in the apartmants. And for the roof top at now i search references.

20180416_195318.thumb.jpg.f9c00180d1be280d184a4855bca34cd3.jpg20180416_195332.thumb.jpg.d840a7253a8c1f20cca4e7bc2acf4138.jpg20180416_195335.thumb.jpg.f2bcab80b6248567a51cd0380c5d4e39.jpg20180416_195550.thumb.jpg.9d17b1402ea0b74921457399715e42fc.jpg

Best regards,

Coromant

• Like 14
On 4/15/2018 at 8:30 AM, Pauljag900 said:

Cheers buddy.👍

Love these sets. I have a few myself and they work really well with my trams. 

• Like 1

More airbrush learning, this time painting the track on my module.  Went a bit too heavy on the paint, next time I'll try to go a little lighter.  Next step is scenery!  I included a spare piece of track for comparison to the painted version.

20180418_175431.thumb.jpg.2427349c2d33510be6a0849de0ad6b34.jpg

• Like 4

Good work kiha, airbrushing is practice, practice, practice! It’s an art that takes playing with thinning paint, air pressure, touch, stroke

jeff

• Thanks 1

69E0873E-02EF-43D2-8E9B-A2DDAD263891.thumb.jpeg.6645377a29746cf5afb3f555d0608adf.jpeg

5ad88af203b89_paullayoutimg2.thumb.jpeg.674c2edfce4c1794f0b042ae334d16a1.jpeg

Moved all the controls to the front of the layout to make room for a small freight yard down the Rh side.

Also put the new arrivals on the layout.

A Now very full display/ storage yard.

Edited by Densha
  • Like 12

Wow Paul! Now that’s an empire! Storage area looks great and lots of trains running at once. the grand kids will love it! Grandpa take that one out, no that one, no that one, now that one!

really came out nice!

is it easy to get into your center hole to have trains running all around you?

did I remember you saying you were contemplating a hillside in one corner?

jeff

Hi Jeff,

thanks mate.

when I altered the layout I raised it up by 6” also so it’s now just over 1 meter from the floor.Obviously I can t get under in my present state but it s quite high so I should be ok.As for a mountain,yes mate,across the back and will cover al 8 tracks,basically where all the white polystyrene is now,it ll measure about 3’ wide and 2’ high and the shrine,village and farm will be on it.

Edited by Pauljag900
38 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Wow Paul! Now that’s an empire! Storage area looks great and lots of trains running at once. the grand kids will love it! Grandpa take that one out, no that one, no that one, now that one!

really came out nice!

is it easy to get into your center hole to have trains running all around you?

did I remember you saying you were contemplating a hillside in one corner?

jeff

DCA106E0-427C-4EC3-97BC-0B0E2E03BE6B.thumb.jpeg.d78a41475a2efd59035f4b4d9939dfdc.jpeg

You ve no idea how close to that comment you really are buddy!😂😂👍😀

• Like 7