Romancecar 70000 Announced & EXE Renewal

bill937ca

To me the livery is also rather reminiscent of Keikyu and Meitetsu...

Yes agree on keikyu but meitetsu especially the panorama super had large red color on its nose.

Sent from my ASUS_T00Q using Tapatalk

Really not sold on this one. It's just like an MSE (which I already don't like) but with the driver's cab moved to the top.

Welp... it really is a Noriaki Okabe design after all.

• Like 1

Odakyu Romance Car · GSE 70000 form First day of trial operation Hadano big curve Video by shinkyuvideo.

New Romance Car Odakyu Model 70000 (GSE) Performance during the day Verification on the first day of trial operation

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 3

【Odakyu Line】 【GSE trial run】 【Hadano Station Pass】 【Limited Express Romance Car 70000 GSE】 【Graceful Super Express】 【Hanano City, Kanagawa Prefecture】 【Odakyu Odawara Line   Video by odakyuusenn

• Like 3

Since the line is busy and single bi-directional from Odawara uphill.  You'd probably find majority of testing to be done on the Odakyu mainlines.  But at some stage yeah they probably would go up the hill for testing.

Caught the GSE on a trial run last month on the Odawara line.

IMG_4069.thumb.jpg.63a63d93bc1fc23b4cc08e7bd16c5279.jpg

The wife also won tickets for the first public viewing of the train, so if anyone is interested, I'll snap some shots there as well.

P.s. Also forgot. Some snapshots of the EXEα we rode a few months ago:

IMG_20171218_061930.thumb.jpg.40c25b35523729d9eeebc798fec3fa5a.jpgIMG_20171218_063606.thumb.jpg.5cfbd7ad5b8c05ddc4b88fa26666e86e.jpgIMG_20171218_070133.thumb.jpg.cdae6f584ad9d2f9a412ce7ca367c4f2.jpg

Edited by Kabutoni
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Kiha66 said:

The driver's looking a little cramped, I wonder what the cab looks like on that GSE?

In this video you can see the inside of the Cab of the 50000 VSE, it has a very low ceiling (or high floor),  getting into the seat is probably a bit inconvenient, though I guess when sitting, height won't matter that much. The cab on the GSE is probably similar to this.

Also a picture on this page: http://yuta-murakami.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2013/04/-5--946c.html

Seems like the seating position is almost like in a racecar, with the controls arranged on the sides.

Edit:

Looks like the cab of the GSE might be a bit more spacious:
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/905700690063794176

img_safety02.jpg

(Source: https://www.odakyu.jp/gse/feature/ )

Edited by Gryphr
Actually forgot the Video link...
  • Like 1

Its mid-March when train schedules change in Japan and commercial operation has started and the 7000 GSE (Graceful Super Express) doesn't look so bad now.  With a musical horn and panorama seating this looks like an update of the old fashioned Odakyu Romancecar train and the Meitetsu Panorama trains. Video by tsu1112k.

Edited by bill937ca