Kato/Tomix Track joiner

beakaboy

Hi guys. had a search but no luck. I am sure there was a post recently about a piece of track to connect Tomix track to Kato unitrack. Either that or dementia is kicking in big time! Tomix is thinner in the base as well?? so are packers required?? thanks for any links.

Ssshhhhhhh! The kato police may get Nariichi San!

The Kato police should check the Kato store first, they have some Tomix and Tomytec stuff there...

• Like 3

The Kato police should check the Kato store first, they have some Tomix and Tomytec stuff there...

Serious? That would be strange, being a Kato exclusive store and all ~

Wonder if the Tomix Omiya world would carry Kato stuff too.  :P

There is plenty Kato don't do that Tomix do.  Hence the stocking of Tomix products.  Most of it is scenery related.  I remember seeing some of the onsen buildings last visit.

Wonder if the Tomix Omiya world would carry Kato stuff too.  :P

Pretty sure they don't.

There is plenty Kato don't do that Tomix do.  Hence the stocking of Tomix products.  Most of it is scenery related.  I remember seeing some of the onsen buildings last visit.

They also had some of the Tetsukore packs, don't recall which ones but vaguely remember thinking they were something Kato doesn't and isn't likely to do.

I was surprised to see Tomix trains there, don't remember seeing any track though.

Kato Kyoto store had a number of other manufacturers models on displays, although non appeared to be for sale. Either that or Kato have secretly released an HO Sunrise express and an N Nankai Rapit and Oigawa Line Thomas C11 kit

Having trouble finding tech specs on this piece.

How long is the actual Kato rail length, and how long is the inset portion for the Tomix track?

Curious track planners would like to know.

33 minutes ago, Cat said:

How long is the actual Kato rail length

62 mm

34 minutes ago, Cat said:

how long is the inset portion for the Tomix track?

10 mm

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, Cat said:

Having trouble finding tech specs on this piece.

How long is the actual Kato rail length, and how long is the inset portion for the Tomix track?

Curious track planners would like to know.

from what I remember (havnt used one in a very long time) the Tomix slot was loose enough you could put a curved piece to Tomix track in (probably not tight radius stuff) as well. A little Dremel work would make it work if needed

jeff

• Thanks 1

Mostly we had sketched in using the Tomix S35-J and just shimming it up to Kato rail height, but the flexibility of options will be good to have in the toolbox.