Ok yes i admit it, I'm a big Japanese goji fan! started at like age 4.

So of course had to get out and see the new j goji film Shin Godzilla when it came thru quickly this week!

Its half a good old basic godzilla first appears film and the other half is west wing along with the follow the politicians and ministers as they walk and talk or in meetings! pretty funny mix, how politics messes up dealing with old goji and the cost factor in decisions! then there is also the nerd team as well.

But the thing that was great is this probably has the greatest train vs godzilla action of most all the films. I wont spoil it for you but there are some great train scenes in new ways!

its in Japanese with good yellow sub titles. its kind of rapid fire west wing dialog (not the usual slower j goji flick dialog) so you have to read fast and get your eyes back on the action, but luckily in the good goji scenes there is little dialog to read! one annoying thing is there are a lot of scenes labeled where they are or the kind of helicopter, tank, etc at the top in Japanese and translated to english over the top so it can be very distraction and fill the screen top and bottom with lots text.

fun, check and see if its popping thru your local art theater where you are.

cheers,

jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1

But the thing that was great is this probably has the greatest train vs godzilla action of most all the films. I wont spoil it for you but there are some great train scenes in new ways!

I only saw the one at Tokyo Station. Trains finally got their revenge after 62 years!

Edited by DavideTreni

Forgot to mention the old style goji marching music is very prevelent and brewing so back memories as well! Few scenes with short guitar licks to show industrious activity that was a bit buck rogerish!

Oh and also goji gets a shade of mothra as well!

Jeff

I watched it this August while I was in Himeji and I absolutely loved it. Though I can imagine that there are people who'd have a hard time to deal with Anno's style. The similarities between Shin Godzilla and Anno's Evangelion (movies) are undeniably there.

And then there are the trains... :icon_biggrin:

Definitely better than the US take on a new Godzilla movie.

As so often though, Germany is sadly very slow on a release. It doesn't even have a date yet.

Saw it and was very impressed. I went in expecting to get ANNO'd but was pleasantly surprised. 

Also at the climax was glad to see an NRS ISO tank container on one of the trailer trucks. Now I can make a 'special express' freight to Tokyo with my Koki 200s...

• Like 1

Yeah I was thinking a set of coagulant ISO tank containers would be a fun little addition to Have! Tomytec or kato needs to make a cement pumping truck then in the next construction set!

Jeff

Saw this movie twice while it was in theaters.  Movie should be renamed "Shin Godzilla: Revenge of the Trains!"

Edited by Omega Tau