23 replies to this topic

#21 Mitch

Mitch
  • Members
  • LocationKnox, Indiana, USA

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:14 PM

Attached File  Airway.jpg   27.22KB   1 downloads

Kabutoni and the group,

I'm thrilled to meet a fellow artist and enthusiast from Japan. Funny you mention the Enoden Line as it reminds me of the South Shore. If there's anything you would like to know about the South Shore Line from its founding in 1908 onward to today please feel free to ask me. I have personal experience since childhood (1950) and working experience as first art and advertising director in 1984, then after the company's bankruptcy (an entire comedy story in itself) until my return to train service in 1988, promotion to engineman (motorman) in 1991, until my departure for fine art in 1999, and continued association until now and I probably have an answer. It may have humor associated with it, and some sadness as I was in the head-on wreck of 1993. Also personal as I met my wife when she was a regular commuter. That will teach me to say "Thank you" when I collect tickets.

At one time I was friends with the South Shore Line equipment engineer who helped with the new (1981) cars from Nippon Sharyo and further developed my interest in Japan.

I worked in commuter service on the Chicago and North Western from 1970-1971, then Milwaukee Road commuter service from 1972-1982, and I designed the original Metra train service uniform.

As for pointing and calling just this evening the "Lovely Renee'" threatened to have me hospitalized if I keep doing it.

Jeff; In which section should I start a thread with my artwork?

And now back to my easel.

Mitch

#22 cteno4

cteno4
  • Moderators
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:25 PM

Mitch,

Smashing! Love the retro look to it, beautiful! Kudos, you really do nice work!

I'd say in other hobbies (but in your case profession!) at times not everything fits perfectly! Also worldwide rail would work as yours are all art of prototypes!

That'll learn you to say thank you!

Jeff
Japan Rail Modelers of Washington DC
http://www.japanrailmodelers.org

#23 Mitch

Mitch
  • Members
  • LocationKnox, Indiana, USA

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:35 PM

Attached File  06-Blue Comet.jpg   597.11KB   0 downloads

Mitch,

Smashing! Love the retro look to it, beautiful! Kudos, you really do nice work!

I'd say in other hobbies (but in your case profession!) at times not everything fits perfectly! Also worldwide rail would work as yours are all art of prototypes!

That'll learn you to say thank you!

Jeff

She wouldn't speak to me for the first 3 years she rode the train. She hasn't spoken to me the last 3 hours.

• miyakoji likes this

#24 cteno4

cteno4
  • Moderators
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:54 PM

c'est la vie!

Guess the three years of thank yous finally added up...

Jeff
Japan Rail Modelers of Washington DC
http://www.japanrailmodelers.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users