JNS Forum
gerryo

T-Track - "Z"

gerryo

So, I have been concentrating on building my T-Track-Z modules for the display I am to take part in in November.  I initially had been allotted two 6 ft. tables and was busy with that until I was cut back to one 6 ft. table.  Now I have time on my hands. so am building more modules and designing new layouts for Z.

My plan is simple for this show and will be easy for me to do on my own.  

I am in the process of starting a T-Track-Z club here in Gananoque, Ontario.  Right now I have a club of ONE.  Just me.

This is the layout I have just about ready.

Gerry

1355365991_Z1-T-TRACK-6FT-STATION.thumb.jpg.dcfb69a9b0023694784e4d0fc8ba3455.jpg

gerryo

II have a problem thinking out the need for isolators on this module set end.  Can anyone help?

The 5 modules are for a small yard, an end turn for the main lines, and approaches to the yards.  Will the turnout's provision of power routing always provide enough isolation to prevent any problems without adding in any track isolators?

Gerry

T-TRACK-Z YARD APPROACHES AND ENDCAP.jpg

cteno4

It should, thats the Classic way to do a yard with power routing points. The only caveat is that you have to leave one track open and empty when a train is on the main line as when you switch over to the yard to take a train in the current ladder routing will turn one track on, somthat needs to be the empty one you will run the train in on. You can fill both yards and then take one train out at a time and just return it to it’s empty yard track.

jeff

gerryo

Thanx Jeff.  That's what I was hoping you would say, only I couldn't get there on my own thinking.

Gerry

katoftw

You should be able to switch so of the turnout around so you can have longer storage tracks.  Use the curve in the turnout as you curse.  Rather than having curves between each turnout.

gerryo

Sorry for not replying sooner katoftw.  I got sidetracked to other things that needed to be looked after.

I know what you mean by placement of the curves.  But these modules are not very long sometimes, and you must us them before the actual yard to orient the yard approaches properly.  You cannot bring an angled track to the edge of a module because the next module must be in a straight line with it for the track to fit together properly.  If you could inlay a short length of track the way we used to do in N-Track then it's possible, but not when you have to use continuous track.  You can't get a curved track and a straight track together at the same place, at the same time.  I know that that rambles but it's hard to explain without pieces of track as examples.

Gerry

gerryo

I have ran into a problem with the amount of Z scale structures on the market.  There are just not enough to go round, so to speak.

I am thinking of changing to a European style but don't know which one.  Even the American market is pretty sparse when it comes to Z.  I have even thought of mixing two or three styles but again, there are differences all around.

Mostly items just do not exist, and there are no promises coming from manufacturers.  

The only thing I have glued down is the Red Roofed Station with lots of extension.  And of course, the track.

And that is something else.  The American Standard for T-TRACK-Z track is now becoming Rokuhan.  Many more pieces, more ease of use, finished roadbed, variety of turnouts, number of curve radii.  The list goes on.

I guess that these are the problems with all new efforts.  Lack of interest, and a small audience.

Onward and upward.

Gerryo