Coaches Getting A New Lease On Life

Jcarlton

I might have mentioned this elsewhere, but a few months ago I overheard a telephone conversation in a restaurant I frequent: the man talking, presumably a JR Hokkaido employee, was telling someone on the other end to inquire about how much it would cost to ship surplus cars (ex-Hamanasu?) down south, presumably the destination being Tobu.

• Like 3

I'm kind of hoping they'll be repainted in another colour than blue. I know it's the authentic colour, but to me it doesn't seem fitting for the C11 207 that Tobu will be using to haul these coaches.

This would be a great appearance, but it would look like a copy of the nearby Mooka Railway 50 Series livery (though also a classic JGR livery):

DSC00993-G.JPG

• Like 1

I might have mentioned this elsewhere, but a few months ago I overheard a telephone conversation in a restaurant I frequent: the man talking, presumably a JR Hokkaido employee, was telling someone on the other end to inquire about how much it would cost to ship surplus cars (ex-Hamanasu?) down south, presumably the destination being Tobu.

Bikkuri, this is considerably further along the tetsudo otaku spectrum than those guys who yell at last runs at Omiya :grin

Davo Dentetsu

Tobu-headboarded EF65 and a few ex-Hamanasu coaches have been popping up on my Instagram feed the last few days.  An interesting combo to model!

Apparently Tobu also bought six old JR Shikoku passenger coaches, which are now on the way to the Tobu network: http://trafficnews.jp/post/58244

The article says that Tobu also bought C11 207 from JR Hokkaido, Yo8634 from JR Freight, Yo8709 from JR West and that in December this year Tobu will also receive DE10 1099 from JR East.

• Like 1

Interesting to see the way the loco was partially stripped for transport. I wonder whether Tobu will retain the dual headlights?

Cheers,

Mark.