DIY Apple store

Never dawned on me how dirt simple an Apple Store would be to make! Does require.a pack or two of 100 Chinese figures though to make it look right! The local Apple Store in the swank part of town (Bethesda actually has a second in the mall) has at least 50 people in it at all times of the day and night, usually more. Don't these people have jobs?! Kobe and jobs did a fantastic job of making an elegant showcase for their products. The Microsoft store is like 5 doors down from the Apple Store (and on the coveted corner spot) and it's sad to walk by the ms store with more employees than customers compared to the bursting apple store...

http://www.diocolle.com/index.php/technique/diy/diy-apple-store/246-diy-apple-store-p1

http://www.diocolle.com/index.php/technique/diy/diy-apple-store/248-diy-apple-store-p2

Cheers

Jeff

Ps ever notice in the Apple stores people caressing the equipment? Amazing to see the monkey button to touch so well turned on by the design of the gear. Jobs brilliance!

• Like 10

If you don't want to go to the trouble of modelling the actual store, you can still recreate the line outside it ;). I remember when the iPhone first came out in Japan, the queue stretched from the store on Omote-sando, over the bridge by the station and along the side of the Yamanote line a fair bit of the way towards Shibuya (and no I wasn't in the queue, just happened to pass by - I have a photo somewhere).

Come to think of it, a long line outside a restaurant or similar which has recently become popular would be also quite prototypically Japanese ;)

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 3

Fantastic store and very well done! Love that lighted up Apple sign! It seems to be done by a Taiwanese rail fan? The articles are in Chinese...

Edited by JR 500系

Judging by the posters' usernames on that site, I would guess it is Hong Kong simplified Chinese....

But if he is modelling a HK or Mainland Apple Store, he needs to include the crowds of people who are only there to take photos of iPhone 7 on their Android devices or to play Plants VS Zombies on the display phones....