415 series trainset oversease transfer

Fasubkhanali (Ali)

Fasubkhanali (Ali)

I heard before about 415 series will go to overseas transfer. Where will they go? Indonesia, Philipine or another country? Can someone give me about that information?

Fasubkhanali (Ali)

The notes with this video say Indonesia, via Akita Port:

I see.

I hope someone can take some photos of 415 in Akita Port. Every trainset from Japan that will go to Indonesia, there is usually a information paper in the train window.

Wonder what they'll be used for? Is indonesia undergoing a large-scale electrification programm?

Maybe they will be used as suburban and Intercity trains?

Edited by DavideTreni
Fasubkhanali (Ali)

Wonder what they'll be used for? Is indonesia undergoing a large-scale electrification programm?

Maybe they will be used as suburban and Intercity trains?

Still mysterious. A staff from KAI Commuter Jabodetabek (commuter railway corp. in Jakarta and suburban) said JR offered 415 series to them. But, I can't remember what he's said after that.

I think if that train will come to Indonesia, 415 series will be used as suburban or commuter train because in Indonesia, the electrification track only in Jakarta to Depok/Bogor, Bekasi/Cikarang, Tangerang, Serpong/Maja/Rangkasbitung city. Maja station is the farthest electrification line from Manggarai station (Jakarta). Rangkasbitung will be the farthest electrification line when that electrification to Rangkasbitung is operating.

Apparently it will be spending time at the Akita Rolling Stock Depot to have DC set as the (sole) fixed mode, and a maintenance check.  It will then be shipped out of the Port of Akita.

A tweet I saw stated Indonesia really wanted some 211 series for longer distance commuter use, but those were unavailable, so the surplus 415 series were offered by JR East.  One possible route is the line out to Parungpanjang.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see these 415-1500s in Indonesia gaining a third life! The first life was on the Jōban-line and the second on the Mito-line, on the latter of which, I've ridden quite a few times in the last few years they were in service.

With the feeling they were going to be phased out quickly, I attempted to shoot as many pictures as I could with my phone(s). Attached are a few select of these distinct trains that used to run on the AC/DC sections of the Kantō area, for those interested. All taken around Shimodate station with varying quality (from terrible to bad).

post-188-0-23541500-1475118392_thumb.jpg

post-188-0-68898600-1475118394_thumb.jpg

post-188-0-34273700-1475118396_thumb.jpg

post-188-0-16676500-1475118400_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kabutoni
  • Like 4

some speculation says that trains will be scrap.

I'm no JR East expert, but it was my understanding that JR East sends all rolling stock destined for scrapping to their (inland) depot in Nagano, rather than other centers. 

A tweet I saw stated Indonesia really wanted some 211 series for longer distance commuter use, but those were unavailable, so the surplus 415 series were offered by JR East.  One possible route is the line out to Parungpanjang.

that would be more logical, since KCJ only operates DC catenary. all 1500V except for tanahabang-maja (being extended to the west until rangkasbitung), they used 1800V afaik.

Let's see. If someone got a new information about 415 series, please tell us, :D

yup :D

Fasubkhanali (Ali)

I wouldn't expect much news on the Japan side until the carriages are being loaded at the port, whenever that is.

Does news media or online media in Japan always give a news about train that will go to overseas transfer?

bikkuri bahn

Does news media or online media in Japan always give a news about train that will go to overseas transfer?

For new factory build products, yes- see the coverage of J-Trec rolling stock for Bangkok's Purple Line.  But these are essentially donations (part of governmental ODA- i.e. non-commercial), so there is little or no publicity.

Edited by bikkuri bahn