First Layout need help

Knolan007

Hi here my Layout

post-3950-0-47075500-1473834115_thumb.jpg

the red part is where it go up (max 2")

at the back there a bypass to hide 1 train (hidden)

left and right will have hill and many tunnel ;)

1-i know thatt 4% is max for grade but on my layout i will have only 8 car train max (kato or tomytech)

is 4% still  to much (only place i will need it at 4%, is the double track at the far left) every other will have 3%

2- if you look at my layout you see 4 place where i cant link 2 track,

is it possible to bend track over many track to connected them ?

if you have any idea feed me ;)

sorry for my bad english im french

Edited by Knolan007

4% grades shouldn't be too much of a problem, even my 16 car shinkansens from kato can make it up that, although I haven't tried anything from tomix on such a grade.  And I wouldn't worry about those gaps in the plan, you should easily be able to connect everything together. From my experience unitrak has ample play to make some pretty big corrections.

Yes you can link them and the max length is up to you and the maximal voltage drop you are willing to tolerate. Most Kato wiring works with DCC, but good signal quality requires good cabling. A few extensions should not be a problem.

is it ok to put 2 x #6 turnout on the same switch using the splitter  (kato 24-827)

finally i will no going DCC i stay DC

using 1  splitter (kato 24-827) going to 3x  splitter (kato 24-827) and after to track = 9 connection.  is it to many ?

how many accessory can i use on the same kato power pack ?

i will poster tonight a video of my first layout i post it later

Edited by Knolan007
  • Like 1

I don't think you would need 9 connections for a layout this size, that seems a bit like overkill.

You can run two #6 switches off one switch control box using a splitter with no problem.

You can keep adding switch boxes to a single power pack but eventually there won't be enough current to throw the switch. I have 8 on one powerpack and don't have any problems. 

As long as you only throw one lever at a time it should work with almost any number of levers. The double crossover has more than one coil, so you can connect two normal turnouts to a single lever.