Kato V13

e5shinkansen

I just had my first overseas purchase from a dealer on eBay, I bought a Kato V13 track & a 16 car Nozomi 500 series N gauge. It went very well. Everything arrived in good time & in good shape! N gauge sure is small, thank goodness for the Rerailer Kato encludes with the set. I like N gauge, it just adds to my HO scale layout. The track is wonderful. I love the quality and clean look. The 500 series is a beautiful train. I do wish we had Bullet trains in America. But what a mess that would be. :) Love this forum.

post-4189-0-24022600-1473349745_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

hey great! looks like you are starting as many of us had with that double viaduct loop and a shinkansen! You will get use to the size, the japanese stuff is pretty robust and not horribly fiddly. gets you a lot more room to run tracks and do scenes though! 

rerailers do help!

Have fun! keep us posted.

cheers

jeff

• Like 1

When I get a bigger table I will be doing something similar to what you're doing - running HO and N scale trains at the same time.  I will have the HO trains on the ground and N scale on the viaducts.  Very cool stuff.  It looks like you have a good amount of HO Track already but you might want to try the Kato HO Unitrack, it will be an upgrade to what you have now. 

• Like 1

When I get a bigger table I will be doing something similar to what you're doing - running HO and N scale trains at the same time.  I will have the HO trains on the ground and N scale on the viaducts.  Very cool stuff.  It looks like you have a good amount of HO Track already but you might want to try the Kato HO Unitrack, it will be an upgrade to what you have now. 

Yes, I'll look into the HO Unitrack, The Bachmann is kind of child like... haha.. well it suits it's purpose right now. But I agree with you 100% :) Thanks.

Great start!  In time, you will come to see N scale as Normal, and HO as Horribly Oversized.  Same goes for the prices. 

Haha.. I'm seeing that already! :) Love the prices. And the quality. Back in the 70s I had quite a bit of N gauge. But I was young & not very handy. So it was sold in the great American pastime, Garage Sale. Man, I'd like to see what I had then... Have no idea. Thanks!