Japanese Modelling & Japan Rail Enthusiasts Forum
VJM

CIWL - Compagnie Internationale des Wagons-Lits

Found this on the 'tube... shows the OE pulled by two EF64. This is not mentioned on the website I linked above (as far as I can read it)... anyone an idea where and when it is?

On 5/5/2017 at 11:55 PM, medusa said:

Found this on the 'tube... shows the OE pulled by two EF64. This is not mentioned on the website I linked above (as far as I can read it)... anyone an idea where and when it is?

That video was probably taken around this area: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Zozo,+Myoko,+Niigata+Prefecture+949-2103,+Japan/@36.8366451,138.3329223,12z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x5ff63d62ffd6caaf:0xa0b7d2a4eb8c0791

Also, I found this cheesy... i mean, interesting video of the Orient Express in Japan complete with 80's soundtrack, which also shows how they transported it here in the first few minutes, and the train running in Japan, what the atmosphere was like inside, etc.

• Like 4

I picked up a little set of OE cars today. They're very dirty but otherwise in good condition. The brand is Lima, which has got a bad rep, but my very first electric train as a kid was a Lima so it brings back some memories. I think it was worth fourty bucks. 

I wouldn't have known what they were if I didn't read this thread a few days ago. I would have thought they were a hodge-podge of different liveries. 

This'll be perfect for my little steamies to pull.

f37mC3r.jpg

Edited by gavino200
  • Like 2

Blue Thunder Orient Express. :) It's my only loco with Arnold couplers. I plan on having a D-51 pull this as soon as I convert it. 

8JZ4V3e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1