Ultimate Tin Toy Shinkansen

I am very sad to say I used to own one of those Shinkansen when I was kid.  I remembered carrying it home and everyone was looking at me in the 1980s.

hey thats great! you were just ahead of your time!

did you have one with the characters on it like these or one with the plain passengers in the window.

we turned one of mine into our donations box for the club:

http://www.japanrailmodelers.org/photos/_sakura/pages/page_34.html

ill try and post some pictures of the other tin types i have, maybe bring back some more toy memories for you!

cheers

jeff

hey thats great! you were just ahead of your time!

did you have one with the characters on it like these or one with the plain passengers in the window.

we turned one of mine into our donations box for the club:

http://www.japanrailmodelers.org/photos/_sakura/pages/page_34.html

ill try and post some pictures of the other tin types i have, maybe bring back some more toy memories for you!

cheers

jeff

I only had one with plain passengers in the windows.  I also remembered the store was also selling one red boxy looking train from Japan...

Great use for the club btw!

Cool!  I've never seen anything like those! I don't know if those prices aren't too unbelievable given the market for tin robots and such out there (if they are authentic).  Still way outside of my collecting budget!

quintopia,

these can be had for $10-50 for the less rare kind. just have to lurk on ebay for them a while. i have quite a few now and will post some picts when i get a chance.

cheers,

jeff