Tsurumi line

Khaul

Thanks Bill for the links. The getaden photos are very nice.

Some more work done: the transition piece between the level crossing and the platform access has now new, much nicer stairs. The piece is also painted. I hope you like it. 

Old: 

IMG 0603

New:

DSC 3455 (1)

DSC 3456 (1)

Edited by Khaul
  • Like 1

I have a story to tell. Back in time, early 2000s in Barcelona when I was a PhD student, I bought some American H0 rolling stock. I brought most of it to Australia a couple of year ago. Once I reorganised the house storage and bought some cheapo Atlas track I was able to test run my treasures. The Kato SD-45 runs like a dream. The Proto 2000 GP9 does not run at all. It has some broken gears, needs cleaning etc... That's disappointing for a loco that was run only a couple of times, but well, it will keep me busy for a while.

Anyway, I don't have space for H0, or do I? I came back to my micro-layout ideas. I always get overexcited when I look at this, or that or goodness me this one. I really want to do a switching layout, but automatic uncoupling with sort-of-prototypical knuckle couplers does not work well in N. My Kadee H0 test so far are very encouraging so I may go this way in the future.

Now, what does that all have to do with the Tsurumi line planning. Well, well, I am thinking in converting what I have in micro-layout instead of building more modules. Let's see.

DSC_0575.jpg.2c3b63985ab4197b6d09184794d8e27a.jpg

This is what I have. I've got another module with only track and a platform end so I am not too invested.

I could just add two transfer tables to the module shown up, add up scenery separators and I get a workable micro layout. I can then run realistic operations, at least with up to 3 car EMUs and short freight trains. See below.

64782392_Tsurumitransfertables3D.jpg.6924cb9cb6758ecf0eefec0fe246714d.jpg1725928181_Tsurumitransfertables.jpg.dff1af5d367722938923a12552b5ea84.jpg

Potential problems:

-I will need to find a way to feed electricity to the module that is already built. I am thinking about two mini modules, 62mm, with feeder tracks. The whole thing will then work with two power packs, one to go right to left in the upper track and the other left to right in the lower. The transfer tables will feed the electricity from contact on the track they face.

-There are no tunnel in the Tsurumi line, but well, trains will come on the upper track and return on the lower track. If I manage to master electric trickery there could be two trains moving at the same time.

A simpler project would use two end of the line modules with one switch each so trains could be automated and go back and forth using TNOS or something similar. I don't have the space for that in the dinning table. 

What do you think?

Edited by Khaul
  • Like 2