Enshu Railway

bill937ca

I always liked the non-conformist design of the 1000/2000 Series of Enshū. It's almost a European-styled front with the heavy use of trapezium forms.

And just so happened to be uploaded recently by one of my favourite channels:

Now I'm hyped to ride this train.

Edited by Kabutoni
  • Like 3

Also for your edification, YouTube member (and JNS forum regular!) ayokoi posted one year ago a zenmen tenbou video of a trip on the Enshi Railway line from Nishi-Kajima to Shin-Hamamatsu Station (Shin-Hamamatsu is right next to JR East Hamamatsu Station):

• Like 2

A very attractive prototype! Luckily for me there doesn't seem to be much available commercially - I could be led astray if equipment was being offered. The stations and facilities are nice and compact, and the contrast between the ends of the line are interesting.

Edit - whoops! There is available equipment, nothing showed up when I did a quick search.

Edited by Ken Ford

For those who want to jumpstart an Enshu Railway collection, here is something interesting on Yahoo! Auctions: TOMYTEC 鉄道コレクション 遠州鉄道 遠鉄電車14両[00Lv6M05didO] http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c567242830

Pretty good value for money with 14 cars of which four are motorised.

The price seems quite fair, but when I read the machine translation it sounds like there may be some condition issues?

"There inking, the connecting portion window shortage"

Edited by Ken Ford

It's saying there may be some weathering, and the end portion of at least one car is missing (see 3rd photo).

Now, when will Japan stop making up all these railways I've never heard of?

• Like 1

Must resist... it would be a good use for some of those single track viaduct track components I have stored away!

• Like 1

:thumbsup: Yeah, a great prototype: single track private railway that connects with the Tōkaidō Shinkansen.  Now you can model both on a single layout!   :grin

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1

:thumbsup: Yeah, a great prototype: single track private railway that connects with the Tōkaidō Shinkansen.  Now you can model both on a single layout!   :grin

What about the Ohmi Railway? There are 4 locations where Ohmi Railway lines cross the Tokaido Shinkansen, the Ohmi Railway 'Main Line' partly runs along the Tokaido Shinkansen, and at Maibara station it connects with the Tokaido Shinkansen. A network map can be found here: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB:Ohmi_Railway_Linemap.svg

Both the Hakone-Tozan Line and the Izuhakone Railway Daiyūzan Line also connect to the Tokaido Shinkansen at Odawara, as does the Izuhakone Railway Sunzu Line at Mishima, the Tenryū Hamanako Line at Kakegawa and the Meitetsu Hashima Line at Gifu-Hashima.

Now the difficult quest upon deciding which one to model!

Edited by Densha
  • Like 2

I noticed a lot of wooden poles along the line.  Interesting for a well maintained line.

There are four car trains on this line at least in the evening rush hour.

Trains are coupled on the line. This video also shows the guard's actions and hand gestures on departure.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 2
bikkuri bahn

Really like the sound of the axle-hung traction motors on the 30 series. Unfortunately, they only run on special occasions, recently it was Saturday-only during the summer.

• Like 1