Densha De Go back in Arcades?

On ‎4‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:05 PM, railsquid said:

In case this is of any interest:

This one is very tempting but I still havent finished the Densha de Go in PSP or PS1 or the Rail Fan in PS3...

On ‎04‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 10:13 AM, IST said:

I also pre-ordered it. Amazon says the release date is 8th of February, so in best case we can play Densha De Go within 2 weeks.

And Amazon has just charged my card. Now I have to wait for the delivery.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, IST said:

And Amazon has just charged my card. Now I have to wait for the delivery.

Me too! Got a SMS last night and suddenly got alerted... when did i make any purchase??? And then i saw... Amazon Japan and then i recalled.... haha

• Like 2

Time to go back to being a train driver!  

20180210_125156.jpg

20180210_125223.jpg

20180210_125242.jpg

20180210_125257.jpg

20180210_125327.jpg

20180211_161014.jpg

at first glance, i have a few complains about this set; 

1. No HDMI cable included... 

2. No power adapter included.... 

so basically, you need to get your own HDMI cable and power adapter... on the manual, it says 5Volts, 1Amp, 5Watts, so i reckon your usual handphone charger works... and yes it did! 

Lucky for me i have my PS sitting around so there goes the HDMI cable and i'm ready to drive! 

Only to find more things to complain about the game itself..... number one complain is the lack of departure tones! 

Every station is 'ding ding ding' usual bell departure tone... no music or anything... The PS version was so much better here...

20180210_130314.jpg

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 3

My pack is in Budapest now, but I haven't received yet, DHL says it will arrive tomorrow. So I have to wait another day.

About HDMI cable: there were 2 versions of the box, one of them included the HDMI cable, the other one is not. I think you ordered the second one, don't you?

Edited by IST

hehe, i saw this arcade game at Tuskashin in Tsukaguchi, i tried to play it but i was so tired and jet lagged i couldn't work out how to even start the game, i popped my coin in, looked aimlessly at the screen pressed some buttons but ended up i  another tittle screen i had no idea what i was doing, i walked away glad someone out there got a free game though. :)

Now there is also the Chuo-Sobu Line version, from Ichigaya to Ochanomizu with an E231-500

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Socimi said:

Now there is also the Chuo-Sobu Line version, from Ichigaya to Ochanomizu with an E231-500

aaahhh so it's new! No wonder it was sprawling all over youtube…

Interesting thing is, why does the player always have to press the screen? Is there something that needs to be pressed there? I don't recall having to press anything when driving... Or is it there to simulate the actual pointing at the meters like the real train drivers do? 

4 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Is there something that needs to be pressed there? I don't recall having to press anything when driving... Or is it there to simulate the actual pointing at the meters like the real train drivers do? 

Yep, it's to simulate pointing and calling. Apparently you get bonus points for that.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Densha de go is made by Taito, so I am guessing all Taito game centres should have them?

I hope so, but if somebody here has first hand info, please share with me. 😉

17 hours ago, IST said:

I hope so, but if somebody here has first hand info, please share with me. 😉

We could make a topic about known location of Densha de GO! cabinets around the world, both the old and the new versions.

On 2/12/2018 at 12:11 AM, JR 500系 said:

Time to go back to being a train driver!  

at first glance, i have a few complains about this set; 

1. No HDMI cable included... 

2. No power adapter included.... 

so basically, you need to get your own HDMI cable and power adapter... on the manual, it says 5Volts, 1Amp, 5Watts, so i reckon your usual handphone charger works... and yes it did! 

Lucky for me i have my PS sitting around so there goes the HDMI cable and i'm ready to drive! 

Only to find more things to complain about the game itself..... number one complain is the lack of departure tones! 

Every station is 'ding ding ding' usual bell departure tone... no music or anything... The PS version was so much better here...

This thing looks amazing!! But what exactly is it? Is it a PS game with special console? Or a PC game with console? Or a stand-alone that plugs into a TV? 

Edited by gavino200
19 hours ago, Socimi said:

We could make a topic about known location of Densha de GO! cabinets around the world, both the old and the new versions.

I think there is no need for another topic, we can use this one for this purpose also.

1 hour ago, gavino200 said:

This thing looks amazing!! But what exactly is it? Is it a PS game with special console? Or a PC game with console? Or a stand-alone that plugs into a TV? 

Stand alone product, you just plug into a TV and play.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Awesome! Where can I buy one?

It used to be sold on Amazon, but something happened to the software and it was recalled. It seems to be very hard to find now... 

Speaking of which, the software was recalled to be updated using this form:

https://form.taito.co.jp/a.p/331/

Wonder if anyone did it? Do we need to pay for the shipping to and back again?

Update: There seems to be an email from Taito, but I didn't receive it... 

UPDATE:

Dear Customers,

In order to fix the problem of “DENSHA DE GO! PLUG & PLAY” this time, we would like to collect the main unit of your game machine temporarily, then return it to you after updating it to the modified version software.

We have just started accepting the applications from the URL below, please click the link and register your information as the following procedure.

*Please note that this product is originally made for Japan only.

[Products]
“DENSHA DE GO! PLUG & PLAY”
“DENSHA DE GO! PLUG & PLAY Amazon prime day limited color”

[Fixed contents]
1. Fixed the problem that makes 205 series of Yamanote line #02 unable to proceed at Ebisu station
2. Fixed the problem that suddenly stopped error during play
3. Fixed the collapse of objects displayed on map and modified displayed objects
4. Fixed the problem that the sun is displayed at a nighttime stage
5. Fixed the problem that choices in front of the Yamanote Line Osaki station are displayed for a second at the conductor mode
6. Reduction of decrease in processing speed at the following place that occurs while running train
・ Where multiple lines are displayed
・ Places where multiple vehicles are displayed at the same time
・ Where to enter the station
・ When displaying in outer view

[Software update procedure]
1. Register your information for air waybill from the application form below.
2. Check the email titled "Registration Complete" which is sent to your registered email address after you complete the registration.
3. You will receive the email attached cash on delivery air waybill and invoice in a week or so after the registration, please confirm your shipment information on them are all correct.
4. Wrap only the main body of "DENSHA DE GO! PLUG & PLAY" with the shock absorbing material to avoid the damage while shipping and pack it in a carton, print out the air waybill and invoice attached our mail, then call DHL and hand them over. Please pack in a carton even if you have multiple number.
5. We will send the updated machine back to you via DHL prepaid shipment. If the custom duties or taxes at your end are needed, we are afraid that we ask you to pay them for this software update.

*Save data of your game machine is expected to be back to you without deleting.
*The required term for update will be around 3 weeks after you return it as a guide.

[DENSHA DE GO! PLUG & PLAY software update application form]
https://form.taito.co.jp/a.p/331/

Sincerely,

Customer Support Center
TAITO CORPORATION

Edited by JR 500系
  • Thanks 1
On 7/10/2018 at 11:40 AM, Socimi said:

Store list is here: http://denshadego.net/AC/location.html

Also, I'm pretty sure they've all been updated to v2.0 (Sobu) now. Sobu doesn't have its dedicated arcade cabinet.

• Thanks 2
9 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Wonder if anyone did it? Do we need to pay for the shipping to and back again?

Update: There seems to be an email from Taito, but I didn't receive it...

Yes I did it, but no answer arrived from Taito. I think they do not care about international customers, the cost of postage (to Japan and back) could be bigger than the price of the console.

16 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

It used to be sold on Amazon, but something happened to the software and it was recalled. It seems to be very hard to find now... 

Well, I wouldn't want to find one if I had to send it back to be adjusted. 😞

Please, if anyone sees a re-release notification for a 'bug-free' version of this product, please, please, please post it. I feel a strong need to get one of these.

Video by superknightrider3000
"Published on Aug 8, 2018

It is "GO! PLUG & PLAY by train" released on February 8, 2018. I booked it at Amazon and bought it, but I kept it all the while. I knew it was recall and I checked the operation before sending it to the manufacturer so please look at it ♪ It has become premier price, but you can buy it on Amazon ♪"

https://amzn.to/2OQAVX7

BILL"S Note: Amazon Japan site has 69 customer reviews with a 2.5 star rating (out of 5). Perhaps buyer beware.

Edited by bill937ca