Greetings from Sydney, Oz

Edo-San

Hello my name is Ed (aka Edo-san),

I have been interested in Japanese N scale for 10 years, assisting another person in his Japanese layout whilst doing the exhibition circuit mostly in Sydney and twice to Melbourne.

As the other person has left Australia and moved to an overseas country, I think its time to start building my own layout and maybe one day go out and do the exhibition circuit. The first idea for the layout that comes to mind at the moment is doing the section at Koboro station - Muroran line (Hokkaido).

My interest is during the JNR days of the steam / diesel transition period.

But to satisfy my need for speed, my Shinkansen rolling stock is mostly JRE that are: 200 series, E1 (original colour), E2, E4, E5, E6, E7 (the 400 and E3 are on my 'buy later list') and one ring in from JRW 500 series.

Cheers

Ed from Oz (aka Edo-san)

• Like 2

Welcome Ed! Nice to have you here with the other inmates!

Looking forward to seeing what you plan for your layout.

Cheers,

Jeff

Ps was the other chap Doug Coster?

G'day Ed, welcome aboard.

Were you at Castle Hill on Saturday? I thought I saw you, but at the time I was dealing with two unruly children so I didn't get a chance to say hello.

All the best,

Mark.

Takahama Trainwatcher

But to satisfy my need for speed, my Shinkansen rolling stock is mostly JRE that are: 200 series, E1 (original colour), E2, E4, E5, E6, E7 (the 400 and E3 are on my 'buy later list') and one ring in from JRW 500 series.

Sometimes a train looks so classy that it just has to cross the divide between different jurisdictions. With such a collection, it would be almost criminal to not have a 500 series.

Takahama Trainwatcher

Ah, Newcastle. Now that's a progressive city. You guys used to have trains.

Edited by Takahama Trainwatcher

Ah, Newcastle. Now that's a progressive city. You guys used to have trains.

In about 20 years we might even have light-rail.. ie trams, again !! :-)