Z Scale 600mm X 1200mm Plan

gerryo

So.  I've got this module frame that is going to waste.  The fish tank turned out to be a bad idea, so I'm starting over with this.  I already have a bunch of Z track from Rokuhan so will try to fit it onto this module. 

Pics will come later.

Gerry

I get help from some of the people on here and they can't see what I'm thinking.  I would sooner have the help before I start the build.

Gerry

Charles,

We split the layout into a planning and build sections to help organize things some as we have a number of those threads and they can get loong. I think Gerry meant picture of the new layout plan to work on first before building commences.

Jeff

post-2768-0-28813000-1470273071_thumb.jpg

Yes I did Jeff, thanx.

This didn't take long as there isn't much changed from the fish tank.  Just more space and things.

Gerry

feels like it wont be chasing its tail now and nice sidings and station. nice scenery room in the center for the castle as well.

jeff

Hi Gerry. Just a thought - could you flip the line that goes to the castle so that it leaves the mainline in the top left quadrant via a right hand turnout? Then you could have trains leaving the station (bottom right), doing as many circuits as you like, then branching off to take tourists and pilgrims etc to the castle.

Otherwise, a very good plan.

Edited by ozman2009

post-2768-0-81216900-1470432930_thumb.jpg

On making the change suggested by Gary I had an additional idea.  With receipt of the tables for the N scale layout I discovered how neat and simple they are.  And that maybe one would work just fine for this one too.

So I reworked the size slightly, to fit one of the Noch tables.  And the above is the result.  It gives a little additional length, but the best is the additional width, giving more space around the station and freight tracks.

Gerry

post-2768-0-68410200-1470511571_thumb.jpg

Just some subtle changes, like leaving out the runaround track at the station depot.

I would like to see a reverse loop as a single viaduct track, looped over top of the right end but not over the castle area.  I have tried to work it out but can't seem to get it to fit with Rokuhan track.  Curved turnouts are the wrong way around.  220mm on the outside and 195mm inside.  They do have a rev. loop switch which would be handy.

Any ideas?

Gerry

I finally received the rest of the ordered track from Japan, and the missing table parts from Germany.  Maybe now I can get on with building this layout.

I guess that means that this now moves to the build stage so I'll see you there.

Gerry