103 series EMU for Train Simulator

Today a new add-on was released to Train Simulator 2016. It is the 'Wakayama & Sakurai lines route', including a 103 series EMU. It is available on Steam, you have to have TS2016 to play. Only 35 km while it is quite expensive, 30 EUR at this moment.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/376961/

I can not resist to buy and try it. Let's see! :)

I downloaded it as soon as I saw it.

I've just run the 103 over the full length of the route but so far but my main disappointment is the length and scope of the route, Takada to Sakura and Gojo.  Almost all routes sold by DTG seem to start and end at illogical places and are kept short to allow for the short attention span of the average computer gamer.  There are no depots, no major terminal stations to start or finish your runs at.  It's the Wakayama Line, it would have been nice to go to Wakayama.

I will have to see if the AI only 105 can be made player drivable.

Hopefully Union Workshop, the developer of the route, will do more Japanese content.

Hopefully Union Workshop, the developer of the route, will do more Japanese content.

They made the Chinese Maglev line (extremely poor add-on I think) and the little bit boring but at least Japanese style Forest Rail route.

Otherwise I agree with you I miss also the bigger terminal stations and the higher traffic on the rails. However I have just driven the first 2 scenarios, so I do not know if it will change. For me it is fun to drive a Japanese vehicle in a Japanese surroundings after a lot of virtual train driving in Great-Britain.

Yes, it is good to see DTG/Railworks branching out from the usual British/German/USA fare.  They seem to have done a good job, even to the ATS warning sounds.

I added the 105 to a free roam scenario and it is drivable, although there is no cab view.

TheNicofabi

Ouch, 40 bucks.

The good old Train Sim way... just throw it out for as much money as possible... not even steam sales make it cheap enough anymore really... If i'd swim in money i'd consider getting it but i don't... i stick with TrainZ cause there is currently more japanese content available and coming...

It might not be cheap but sure it's worth!

This route might clear the way for other Japanese content, it will be a matter of time until they'll do the Osaka Loop Line or the Ymanote Line.

It might not be cheap but sure it's worth!

This route might clear the way for other Japanese content, it will be a matter of time until they'll do the Osaka Loop Line or the Ymanote Line

It costs less than what we'd spend on one N scale train so price is relative and no worse than all the 'play now for free!' games on mobile phones that you can't get anywhere on unless you make 'in game' purchases.

I'd like them to do more of a whole working railway than a small piece of a single line to give a bit of variety in operations, the Osaka Loop Line and Yamanote Line are both just identical trains running round in circles and I can do that on my layout.  I'd love to see something like the Chichibu Railway for example, EMUs, SLs, freight trains.  The Odakyu Railway as done years ago in MSTS would also be nice, especially if they added some of the branches that were just dead end stubs with no scenery in the original.  Then there is the Shinkansen for those who just like hurtling at high speed from point A to point B, or how about a mainline set in the 1960's full of older electrics and steam.

I'd like them to do more of a whole working railway than a small piece of a single line to give a bit of variety in operations, the Osaka Loop Line and Yamanote Line are both just identical trains running round in circles and I can do that on my layout.  I'd love to see something like the Chichibu Railway for example, EMUs, SLs, freight trains.  The Odakyu Railway as done years ago in MSTS would also be nice, especially if they added some of the branches that were just dead end stubs with no scenery in the original.  Then there is the Shinkansen for those who just like hurtling at high speed from point A to point B, or how about a mainline set in the 1960's full of older electrics and steam.

The Hanwa Line between Wakayama and Osaka might be perfect.

The Shinkansen has already been done (Sanyo Shinkansen - includes the 300 series).

Edited by DavideTreni

Yes, I have their Shinkansen route but it needs a bit of work to get it up to current standards, especially with the scenery.