Z Scale Fish Tank

gerryo

This is the shortest Planning Stage in history.  Began today and ends today.  Tank is already in place,  needs to be cleaned to be able to see the layout,  but its ready for the build stage.

The attached pic is final only because there is not much more you can do in that little space.

The tank is 69cm on two sides at right angles, and it is 97cm wide with a curved glass front and sides.  Since you can't draw curved lines with AnyRail I made do with a weird shape. 

Gerry

post-2768-0-33372400-1468186850_thumb.jpg

OK.  So I was wrong again.

post-2768-0-27285300-1468188498_thumb.jpg

gerryo

Edited by gerryo

What scale is this?

Z, of course. Doh!

Will you be using Rokuhan track?

Edited by ozman2009

Thanx Chat Consultor.  You obviously have better eyes than me.

And yes Gary, I will be using Rokuhan track.  They have all the same pieces as Marklin, so My memory of sizes is still good, and all my Marklin track is quite old and difficult to clean up for use again.

gerryo

• Like 1

Rokuhan actually has more pieces than Maerklin. Also their turnouts are power routing, so you don't need feeds (or isolators) for the sidings. Just make sure, that the trains you intend to run could negotiate the curves as Rokuhan also makes smaller curves than what is usable with every rolling stock. Another catch could be wall clearance as some longer nosed trains are prone to hit the scenery or the side (wall) of a layout if the track is too close to the edge.

Edited by kvp

Hi Guys.  Yes, KVP, I have tried to keep the curves away from the glass, and have a few mm to adjust in as the build goes.  This has been a problem with all of my small layouts.

And Charles, thanx for the advice.  I have had the problem of tank height, ever since I got this tank and had fish in it.  Some of the salt water fish love to chew on your arm if you keep it in the water too long.  The tank full of water was impossible to move around but with a train layout it will be lighter an possible to move to a lower stand if necessary for building and cleaning.  Although I don't think a model train makes much smoke to fog up the glass.

gerryo

I just ordered all the Rokuhan track for this project.

I guess, from here on , it is a build project.  See you there.

gerryo