Hello from Canada

chouw99

Hi everyone,

I'm modeling the Taiwan Railway, a railroad that was built by the Japanese during its colonisation but now runs mixed equipment from Japan, US, South Africa, Italy, and much more! Looking forward to getting some tips and advice for Japanese train parts as well as sharing some modelling techniques.

Here's a pic of the microlayout I'm building, its about the size of an A3 sheet of paper, very small.

post-4114-0-24729600-1467970934_thumb.jpg

I also run a model train startup named GUNG-HO! Miniatures that makes hand cast N scale hydrostone Asian structures. Since many Taiwanese buildings are of Japanese influence, I will share the finished models here and add tutorials on how to build them.

Cheers!

Wei

Edited by chouw99
  • Like 4

Hello there! Welcome to the forums. I think I've come across your startup via Mr. Satō from Nanyō Bussan. You've probably heard of him, as he's one of the main contact persons when it comes to Taiwanese and other SE-Asian (model) railway related stuff. I'm also sure some of your items are usable on a Japanese layout for a Taiwanese establishment or depicting pre-war structures! :)

Hi Wei,

Glad you found us! Look forward to seeing your structures and sharing techniques! Paul Ingram of the AsiaN rail Modelers in the San Francisco Bay Area does a lot of Taiwan modeling as well.

Cheers

Jeff

Another Canadian! Welcome Wei, what part of this big country do you live in? Looking forward to seeing your models and progress on your layout.

Cheers eh,

Todd

Edited by tossedman

Hi all,

Thanks for the warm replies, always a pleasure to meet new people.

Kabutoni: I've bought a few models from Mr Sato in the past and his lasercut Taiwanese coaches, he does some interesting prototypes one can only dream of like the HO(e) sugar cane railways. Possibly looking to Japan as a market to expand to.

cteno4: I'll be sure to keep some inventory here in case if anyone wants it in N. America  :thumbsup:

ozman2009: the micro pizza is N scale and has a small spur using Peco's tiny turnouts. It is set in the 70s era near the mountainous interior, like a freelanced branch line. 

tossedman: Hahah, I'm from Victoria on the West coast, currently in my final studies at Uvic. Not sure where to go next, a big country indeed. 

Will be posting those tutorials soon, been a crazy busy week.

Cheers

I'm late to the party, but welcome! I live in the Metro Vancouver area, so it's always a pleasure to see someone else from BC.

tossedman: Hahah, I'm from Victoria on the West coast, currently in my final studies at Uvic. Not sure where to go next, a big country indeed.

I am actually from the CRD/dysfunction by the sea as well! I look forward to seeing your tutorials. Did you get to the spring meet at Juan de Fuca?