Station poster showing which trains are most crowded- Keikyu

bikkuri bahn

bikkuri bahn

Interesting poster spotted at Keikyu Tsurumi, which shows figures for crowding on weekday morning up trains departing Keikyu Kawasaki Station(6:48 to 8:55 timespan). According to the poster, the most congested train is the 7:59 limited express for Aoto. This poster is intended to encourage commuters to commute in off-peak hours, or at least to choose the less crowded trains.

post-133-0-04949800-1467110798_thumb.jpg

Edited by bikkuri bahn
  • Like 2

So what makes the 7:59 so special that you wouldn't take the much less crowded 8:05?  At least for most of the route.  I wonder if it would pay to get an earlier train and switch to the express at Shinagawa. 

Edited by Jcarlton
  • Like 1

Only in Japan.

There has been similar posters a year ago in my subway station in Stockholm, Sweden.

• Like 1

So what makes the 7:59 so special that you wouldn't take the much less crowded 8:05?  At least for most of the route.  I wonder if it would pay to get an earlier train and switch to the express at Shinagawa. 

Probably their work shift starting times.  Being 6 minutes late to work is a no no in Japan.

Probably their work shift starting times.  Being 6 minutes late to work is a no no in Japan.

This, and the fact that the 7:59 is a Ltd. Express (特急) through train to Aoto over the Toei Asakusa line (stopping on important white collar stations, like Daimon, Shinbashi, Higashi-ginza, etc.) and the Keisei Oshiage line. At Shinbashi the last four cars are however detached of this 12-car formation.

The 8:05 is an all-stop local (普通) that terminates at Shinagawa. Next to that, the Ltd. Express takes 19 min. to Shinagawa and the local 35 min. The local also probably gets overtaken at Keikyū Kamata, Heiwajima and Sumezu. This is more a feeder, rather than a commuting option from Kawasaki to Shinagawa and beyond.

Edited by Kabutoni
  • Like 3