Japan Hour

dabsan

Hi, this is a recording of a recent Japan Hour TV show from Channel News Asia, the recording was made by JR500.

Many thanks to Sammy for doing this.

The show features Yokomi san, the famous Rail Geek who has visited all of the railway stations in Japan, he takes the guests on a 'Goku-Tabi' trip, where they visiti many interesting places by rail.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B27zzQuTVMyWVEstWncxaElrTG8

Edited by dabsan
  • Like 1

Thanks dabsan for compiling and sharing the video!

I love watching Japan Hour, not only for trains, but in general. The episodes are quite interesting sometimes like when they play a game and have 2 teams roll dices to move forward and complete missions and the first team to reach the starting point wins!

There was also an episode where the were only give 50,000 yen per person to go for a holiday for 5 days 4 nights, and have to find their own food, lodging and transportation using that amount of money... We can see them using a lot of Highway buses in this episode to save money...

Recently there was also an episode on Trucker hitch-hiking, whereby a team of 3 will clear an entire route in passing baton style. The route starts from Tokyo all the way to Hokkaido, and they have to hitch-hike their way there on trucks, and an additional rule that they cannot use the same cargo on each truck twice!

I would like to ask if there is high interest for this show here, as I am now able to set up my video camera in front of the TV to record this show, which seems to disallow streaming and hence cannot be downloaded... If interest is high, I might be able to do this since I watch the show every Sunday too.

• Like 1