Ho Steam loco's

Hello everyone

Thanks for all the help and advice very much appreciated. As I am a new Japanese model railway enthusiast  I need all the help I can get, and this seems to be the place to get it!!! What I really need is an HO Kato C62 or a D51 I have searched the web without any luck, I have tried the dealers recommended to me in the forum and also drawn a blank. Does anyone know where I could buy one of these engines as I would really love to have one. So if anyone has a spare that they would sell, or know any place I could buy a new one, I don't mind a second hand one as long as it has all its bits, box etc. I would be extremely grateful, please contact me.

Best regards to all Bob.

G'day Bob,

Kato's HO scale D51 has been out of production for a few years now. All of mine were bought second-hand from Yahoo Auctions Japan.

Kato don't make a C62 in HO scale, but Tenshodo do. They're available new from HobbySearch. So are the Tenshodo D51s.

Kato's other HO scale steam loco is their C56, which is also still available as a new model from various suppliers.

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi, Last weekend we had an exibitions of my club's modular layout and I manage to run the D51 from Tenshodo in HO gauge.

It was just briliant, function very well and a so great sound!

Here are some pictures of the SL Minakami in Ho gauge, tha carriages are from Kato.

IMG_1744.JPG

IMG_1747.JPG

IMG_1743.JPG

IMG_1748.JPG

And a video of it in motion.

Cheers.

Nicolas

• Like 7