Tobu 200 series Ryomo in TRA style colors

bikkuri bahn

bikkuri bahn

Another collaboration between Taiwan's TRA and a Japanese private railway, in this case Tobu. A 200 series Ryomo trainset was given the wrapping treatment, the design inspired by TRA's TEMU 2000 Puyuma. Revenue service will begin this Friday. This trainset is planned to be used daily on two to three round trip services. Information of which Ryomo services will use this trainset will be released every Monday.

At Kasukabe and Tobu Dobutsukoen Stations this Monday, on a test run:

Article with many pictures:

http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2016/06/14/328/

• Like 2

I believe the Ryomo limited express train from Isesaki to Asakusa Stations is (arguably) the longest-distance all-seater limited express on the Tobu system besides the Shimotsuke from Tobu Utsunomiya to Asakusa Stations.

I see the diamond pantographs have been replaced by single arms! That makes it harder to distinguish from the 250 Series once it gets the original paint back (if ever).

I believe the Ryomo limited express train from Isesaki to Asakusa Stations is (arguably) the longest-distance all-seater limited express on the Tobu system besides the Shimotsuke from Tobu Utsunomiya to Asakusa Stations.

The longest regular Tōbu Ltd. Express runs are the two-daily 'Kinu' from Asakusa to Shin-fujiwara and back (±2:15). Then there are the 'Snowpal' and 'Oze' overnight trains (Asakusa - Aizukōgen-ozeguchi) that take about six hours. These are the only Ltd. Express that travel beyond Shin-fujiwara on the electrified section of the Aizu Railway.

Personally, I preferred riding the Kinu, as the landscape is more entertaining to travel through, especially beyond Shimo-imaichi.

Edited by Kabutoni (a.k.a. Toni Babelony)

Here's a video from YouTube member takeoka380 on the ceremony inaugurating the first day of service of this specially-painted trainset at Tobu Asakusa Station: