Piers for Kato double track truss bridge

nik_n_dad

If we were going to span a "deep canyon" with a series of Kato (n-scale) double track truss bridges, what would folks recommend for us to use for piers to get sufficient height?.... The Kato piers of course are only ~2"

One of our club members needed higher piers like this so I just took some 1x2 and rounded the edges so it looked like the Kato pier cross section then just a tapered cross piece for the top and rounded it to make the wider piece. Turned out pretty much like the Kato form and could just cut the bottom length to fit. I made him like 4 of these then he re did things and wanted another dozen plus so I just made square cross section pieces for the top as the trapizoidal was too much work at the time, they looked fine as it was a big row of them and they matched...

Jeff

I made him like 4 of these then he re did things and wanted another dozen plus so I just made...

Jeff

We'll take 8 please. ;-)

• Like 1

Maybe if you are not in a great rush I can knock some out this summer. Shop needs a clean out and two house projects in line first!

I almost did the second batch by just cutting out the Y shape on the band saw from 3/4" stock and just running the router around them to curve them properly! But I was a bit lazy at that point as I had done a lot on this member's multiple layouts!

Jeff