Densha

List of Japanese Model Train Online Retailers

Densha

Japan - English speaking and international shipping
Amazon.co.jp (international shipping not available on all items; you can forward these items via Tenso)
AmiAmi (topic)
HobbySearch (topic)
Mandarake (used items)
Modeltrainplus (topic)
Popondetta (topic)
Plaza Japan (eBay)
Yahoo Auctions*

*For buying used items from Japan using Yahoo Auctions, you need a middlemen service.

Japan - Japanese speaking and domestic shipping only
Hobbyland Pochi

TamTam
Yodobashi Camera

Europe
DM Toys (Germany)
Modellbahn Union (Germany)
Train Trax (UK)

• Like 1

Densha

Feel free to post about any other online retailers you have had (preferably multiple) good experiences with. I can then add them to the list.

splifdfx

I'd also suggest amazon.co.jp from which you can easily buy and get your parcel shipped through tenso.com (with amazon free shipping to the tenso warehouse).
There are some good deals on preorders and new stuff, also sometimes from third party vendors on used sets.

Many books can be purchased directly from amazon.co.jp by pre-paying import taxes.

Densha

How are the shipping rates from Tenso to Europe? The lowest shipping rate to Europe I was able to find was 1800 yen. Nevermind. Found out that they offer a variety of shipping options, including the cheap SAL option.

Still, I can confirm that buying books from Amazon directly works perfectly fine, so I'll add them to the list.

Edited by Densha

Fenway Park

Wellington Models here in the UK

bill937ca

DM Toys in Germany carries a lot of Tomtec/Tomix along with a little bit of Greenmax and Kato.

Edited by bill937ca

railsquid

Hobbyland Pochi and Yodobashi Camera both sell online, though within Japan and in Japanese only.

Densha

Hmm... this thread is mainly oriented at retailers that speak English and are willing to do send their products overseas, but I could make a separate section for online retailers that only do business within Japan.

Edited by Densha

railsquid

Might be useful info for someone...

I'm sure people here have reported ordering from Mandarake.

kvp

Actually i've bought a few rare things with google translate, from online retailers who didn't even have an english website but was willing to ship to me. (i payed with paypal) On the other hand Mandrake is good if you can find some good deals, but they are rare. (mostly used stuff or new old stock)