Kato/Tomix HO

Hello to you all! My name is Bob and I am just thinking of building a Japanese HO layout (a pleasant change from all the British stuff) so have just joined the group, thanks for having me. Does anybody know the best way to order stock direct from Japan as a private individual. I cannot find any dealers in the UK who have any HO in stock! there is plenty of N gauge but no HO. The Kato custom shop seems to sell models fitted with DCC sound which is what I want but I can't find how to order and if they will deal with individuals. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

Regards to all Bob. 

Claude_Dreyfus

Plenty of on-line shops have H0 stuff ; check this thread out for more details...

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/467-list-of-japanese-model-train-online-retailers/page-2

There is a tiny amount of H0 at Gaugemaster, but it is rather pricey (even by Japanese H0 standards!).

I presume you are UK based, there is a growing number of us on here. Whereabouts are you from?

Edited by Claude_Dreyfus
  • Like 2
Themetropolitainline

Here you go      http://www.loco1hobby.net/en/173-ho-gauge   I have  ordered the full set of Zoukei Mura from David at Loco1hobby. David is very nice and if you find something on the net he will go out of his way to supply the item. I asked David about Zoukei Mura as he did not stock it and now mine is at the moment being made as these are made to order and now david stocks there brand.

But as you can see from the link he also stocks Kato,Tomix and others in HO. 

Welcome and good luck with the new layout. 

Hi, Bob! Our very own Nariichi-san runs a store called ModelTrainPlus. He's been extremely helpful in finding both in production and back numbers for me, and he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever run across. Give him a try, too.

Welcome!

marknewton

I can vouch for David's Loco1hobby as well.

As for DCC in Kato models, a lot of their stuff is DCC ready, being fitted with 8-pin receptacles for the most part.

Cheers,

Mark.