A different T-Trak corner module

tossedman

Interesting, looks like standard spaced and flex track. Nice for something different! Standard spaced corners are a kludge to work with unitrak and an absolute pain if you want to build them into streets! Compound curves are a super pain.

Cheers

Jeff

First thing I thought of also when looking at the module.  But there are many like that out there in Japan.

Yeah, but on the blog it actually literally says that the module is based on the area near Kamisakaemachi station, so it really is based on that part of Otsu.

Das Steinkopf

That's was thought straight away as well as it is very much like the line leading up to Kamisakaemachi, I want to do a model of that section of the line so this certainly gives me some ideas on how to tackle it.

Edited by Das Steinkopf

I'm also planning on including this location on the T-Trak modules I'm planning, but then probably resized to a standard 310x310mm corner module. I want to keep things a bit compact.

Das Steinkopf

I'm also planning on including this location on the T-Trak modules I'm planning, but then probably resized to a standard 310x310mm corner module. I want to keep things a bit compact.

I won't be making a T-Trak version as I want to have it as a free standing model that captures a number of features of the location, the staggered platforms as well as the street running section up the grade are key features that I want to emulate as that's what really attracted me to the line when I first saw it.

Edited by Das Steinkopf