Kato CV Points issue

TimWay4

Hello,

Has anyone had any experience of using the CV points? I have made a run around loop but electricty only flows round the loop when I hold the point switch half way, is this a problem with the points or is it my failure to understand how electronics works?

If it makes any difference, the power straight is inside the loop.

Kato turnouts break the power connection to the inner (frog side) rails when the track is not selected. This means if you power a runaround in the middle (between two turnouts), then throwing a turnout cuts off the rest of the layout on that turnout's side. Also, there is no way to route power to the other (parallel) track, as there is no valid turnout position that could route any power there.

In general you must power a section of rail that should not be isolated and in a location that can supply power to all tracks. For yards, this is usually the yard throat, which allows each track to be isolated by not selecting it. For a two track runaround with two turnouts, the best practice is to power it from one end and throw both turnouts together or power it from both ends. (for bypass tracks on an oval, this is done by the oval)

In case of special track configurations, like a loading track arranged in a Z, the mainline side isolation of the inner turnout has to be disabled, so the turnouts can route power to the inner tracks in a zig-zag pattern, while still being able to isolate one or both sections with the two turnouts.

Adding multiple feeders is also an option in most cases. (and mostly mandatory for DCC)

Thasnks KVP that solved the problem, I'm not very knowledgeable on flow of electricity so it only struck when i was writing the post that the power track was in the wrong place, Now i've moved it and the train will go most of the way round the loop. Looking at the back of the packaging I need to use Isolating clips, so I'll see if i can figure that out. 

Thanks again for your response :)